Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

RD8000 transmitter problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 PM
jrflyboyVP2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RD8000 transmitter problem

Hi, I have all airtronics systems, an airtronics VG6DR ch12, Radiant ch47, and Irecently purchased an RD8000 ch47 used. I fly exclusivly in parks/school yards. I just purchased two Corona RS61011 receivers and channel 47 crystals. I checked them out on the ground with both transmitters, and they functioned well and range checked ok. I set up my parkzone T28 with the corona and the RD8000. I flew it about 3-4 minutes with no problems, then it started glitching real bad. I managed to recover it and pulled throttle and landed the airplane with the ailerons twitching back and forth. I thought Ihad an ESC/BEC problem, but after getting home I powered the reciever with a seperate AAA battery supply (6v) and the receiver did not work. I tried the other corona receiver with identical results, no servo response at all. I tried two different Airtronics receivers and all worked perfectly with the RD8000. Then I tried the corona receiver with the Radiant transmitter and it worked fine. I tried changing the modulation on the RD8000 from neg shift to pos shift (ppm) since the Corona has auto detect +_ shift functionality, but still no reception. So now the corona crystal receivers only work with the radiant, not the RD8000. Any Idea what might be the problem??? I checked the RD8000 with all 3 of my ch47 Airtronics Receivers and all worked fine. Just the RS61011 won't receive/decode the RD8000 transmitter signal. Any advice would be appreciated

Regards,
John
Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 PM
jrflyboyVP2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RD8000 transmitter problem

Well, I have done some more trouble shooting, and found after charging my RD8000 overnight the turnigy 2600 mah nimh battery voltage now reads 11.2v vs about 10.6 when the reciever problems occured. Now with full transmitter battery the coronas work perfectly with it. I went to the field and flew my trainer with the RD8000 and after about 1/2 hour of transmitter operation, the voltage now reads 10.7v The corona still works with it, but I am afraid to fly it, so I set up my radiant transmitter with full charge and got a 10min flight in with no glitching, and the range of the corona is farther than I am able to still determine the orientation of the aircraft more than 1/2 mile away at one point. So the coronas work perfectly as long as the transmitter battery voltage is good. I will now try and see how long the RD8000 will operate the corona on the ground and at what indicated voltage the corona goes into failsafe.

John