Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RD8000 programing

Help, I am trying to setup dual aileron servos with flaperons using my RD8000 transmitter. I have the aileron servos plugged into ch2 and ch6, I am able to get the ailerons to work, but when I try and set the flap endpoints in ch 6 (f-p) the ailerons move up, not down like flaps. The EPA does not go below 0, so there does not seem to be a way to reverse the direction of the flaps. What am I doing wrong?

John R
    Austin Tx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RD8000 programing

well, I think I figured it out.  The Transmitter manual says you should be able to set the flap channel (ch6) end point from +150% to -150%, but my transmitter doesn't allow - settings on this channel.  So I swapped servo connections between ch2 and 6 and reversed the ail throw,  now the flaps go down.  It would be a lot easier if the manual had been correct about setting -EPAs.

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RD8000 programing

I checked both of my RDS8K's, and I was able to adjust the flaps EP's on both ot the transmitters to 150%. I am not sure why yours wasn't able to do it.. even my older RD8000 (72mHz) transmitter was able to program the EPA on the flaps to +/- 150%.

Craig.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #10
    Revver Bro #263
    Tiger Club #26