Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

RD8000 programing

Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
jrflyboyVP2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RD8000 programing

Help, I am trying to setup dual aileron servos with flaperons using my RD8000 transmitter. I have the aileron servos plugged into ch2 and ch6, I am able to get the ailerons to work, but when I try and set the flap endpoints in ch 6 (f-p) the ailerons move up, not down like flaps. The EPA does not go below 0, so there does not seem to be a way to reverse the direction of the flaps. What am I doing wrong?

John R
Austin Tx
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 AM
jrflyboyVP2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RD8000 programing

well, I think I figured it out.  The Transmitter manual says you should be able to set the flap channel (ch6) end point from +150% to -150%, but my transmitter doesn't allow - settings on this channel.  So I swapped servo connections between ch2 and 6 and reversed the ail throw,  now the flaps go down.  It would be a lot easier if the manual had been correct about setting -EPAs.

John
Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM
SeaJay

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RD8000 programing

I checked both of my RDS8K's, and I was able to adjust the flaps EP's on both ot the transmitters to 150%. I am not sure why yours wasn't able to do it.. even my older RD8000 (72mHz) transmitter was able to program the EPA on the flaps to +/- 150%.

Craig.

Search this Thread