Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Bind Light Blinking on 92824 Receivers..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bind Light Blinking on 92824 Receivers..

I have 4 Airtronics 92824 2.4 gHz Receivers, in 3 out of four of them, the bind light Blinks or flashes once in a while Maybe once every 30 - 60 seconds, and one of them flashes about once every 5 - 10 seconds.. it's not like the flashes you get when you are binding the Rx's to the Tx, it's more like a very quick blink, kinda like a momentary loss of power.. is this normal, and I just never noticed it, since they have been installed in planes, or am I having real issues that I need to address with service. A little more info. two of the receivers, i just received as used units, so I have never had them in any of my aircraft, and the other two I have had for a couple of years now.. a couple of weeks ago, I experienced loss of down elevator function on one of my aircraft, so after a tense few minutes, I was able to land the aircraft with no ill effects to the aircraft. but I did ground both aircraft that were using that transmitter, thinking that I had the Broken wire issue in my transmitters gimbals. so after getting a new (To me) transmitter, I was binding the RX's to this TX, and that is when I noticed the flashing on the RX bind lights. and yes, they flash, no matter which tx they are bound to..

Added note: the loss of down elevator Function was with an RDS8000, and checked the bind with another RDS8000, and an SD10G. still have momentary flashes with all the transmitters.

Any ideas/info would be appreciated..

Thanks, Craig.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:16 PM
MikeGreenshields

Default RE: Bind Light Blinking on 92824 Receivers..

If it is blinking on/off continually, you have a problem. A blink now and again is normal
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the fast response, Mike.

so for the one that flickers about every 5 - 10 seconds, should I send it in for a service check? And the others that flicker only about once every 30 seconds or more are fine then?

Thanks again, Craig.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

If it is blinking on/off continually, you have a problem. A blink now and again is normal
Im just curious what would be the reason the bind light would blink when the transmitter and receiver are close togather? I have also noticed this with my
SD-10G Also it seems that it maycause a momentary loss of control.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM
MikeRuth

when the two are very close you might be swamping the receiver which in turn causes the light to flash.

MIke R