Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Momentary loss of down elevator RDS8000

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Momentary loss of down elevator RDS8000

While flying my Ultrasport 1000 a couple of weeks ago, I experienced a loss of all down elevator on my aircraft. while I was flying straight and level, the plane suddenly went verticle. I was able to get it staight and level again, but then it did it again.. As one of the spectating pilots said, I made the fastest landing he had ever seen, no go around, and a down wind landing to boot.. I used the entire runway for that landing. anyway, even on the ground, the plane still wouldn't give me any down elevator, I had up, but no down beyond the Neutral position.. but here is the weird part.. if I switched the Ail DR switch, thenI had down elevator. I checked the other aircraft I have on the same TX, but every thing checked out ok (No, I didn't tempt fate, and fly the other plane) Didn't want to take a chance like that. I feel that it is the Tx, but another club member suggested that it may be the Rx.. Any Thoughts? and No, I don't have any strange mixes programmed into this aircraft, with the exception being that the Dual Elevator servos are on seperate channels, slaved to each other. but I have flown this aircraft many times before, with nothing like this happening before now..

Thanks for any help / input you can give.

Thanks, Craig.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 PM
MikeGreenshields

Default RE: Momentary loss of down elevator RDS8000

We'd probably want to see the transmitter in this case. It could be a bad switch or other mechanical issue and it could be simply a programming problem.

You might reset that model and setup a new model memory for the plane and see if it does the same thing. Also, did you use the P-mix for the dual elevator or did you use the radios preset dual elevator function? I ask because if you used a p-mix you can turn the mix on/off with a switch and then one elevator half is not going to follow the trim. For dual elevator servos the dual elevator function should be utilized.

You might call our 800 number and have Jack go through the programming to check for any issues.

If you are more inclined to think it's a mechanical issue, then you should send in the radio (I always error on the side of making the tech look at it, but it's your decision)

Mike
Old 03-03-2011, 09:36 PM
SeaJay

Mike, Thanks again for the fast responses..

I was just going through the programming of the Tx, and found that I do indeed have the D-EL setting activated.. so I guess I have it set up through the built in Dual elevator setup.. and also, Both Elevators would go from neutral to full up, but absolutely no Down beyond the neutral point on either side of the elevator..

Thanks, Craig.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 AM
MikeGreenshields

In that case, I think you should send the radio back and let us take a look.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
SeaJay

Thanks, Mike.. I'll do just that!!

Craig.