Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Throttle Advance issue on one Model w/SD10G

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Advance issue on one Model w/SD10G

On one of my pattern planes, the throttle servo does not start to advance the throttle until the stick is approximately at what would normally be ~ 1/2 throttle. I have tried two servos and they both behave the same way, so I know it is not the servo. I suspect it is some sort of throttle trim setting that I inadvertantly programmed or was preset on this particular model. Can anyone tell me how to obtain normal throttle advance from idle to full throttle? This is the only model where this is happening.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Advance issue on one Model w/SD10G

Sounds like you have something set in the TH-Curve setting. Look in the F-Mode/TH Trim menu and make sure it is set at 0% on all points.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 PM
MikeRuth

Agree with Gsmith and if that dosen't help load up a new model and verify the throttle is OK.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
glowplugboy

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to the throttle curve menu, which is set at the default setting "5". In the manual, this shows the curve at 0% and the "I" and "O" at 0 as well. My "I" and "O" are showing negative numbers, and only until I move the throttle to the aforementioned mid-throttle do these numbers go to 0, and of course, the throttle servo starts to advance. Could this be a mechanical travel issue? I am using a fairly short servo arm and I have both directions maxed out travel limit wise. Does servo travel limit have anything to do with the curve?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
MikeGreenshields

1st, let's make sure all of the "standard" settings are there and correct.

Go to the Surface Menu, go to "TH" (usually channel 3 but can vary according to your setup)
Scroll down to "LIMT" Make sure both the H and L limits are set at 150%

Scroll up to the EPAs, make sure each one is at 100% (H and L, you'll have to move the stick to see them both)

Then go to your throttle curve.

With the stick in the low position I and O should be somwhere between -95 and -100, now move the stick to the full throttle position. In this position, the I and O should b between positive 95 and 100.

The curve in the TH-CURVE right now should look like a straight line. Point 9 should be 100%, Point 7,8,6 should be INH, Point 5 should be zero, Point 4,3,2 should be inh, and point 1 should be -100%

If you have throttle mixed to anything, turn off those mixes (like throttle to rudder, etc).

Now see if you're servo moves the full amount.

If not, I suggest resetting the model and starting over. It's probably easier than trying to figure out what is wrong.

If you still can't figure it out, call our 800 service number and have our Tech, Jack, go through it with you

Mike
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
glowplugboy

Very helpful Mike, thanks. I have done as you instructed, and now at idle the I and O at Idle on the Throttle curve is I = -100 and O = -125. When I have a moment, I will see what this does with the model. BTW, I'm a dealer for you If this doesn't do anything, I will just reset and start over.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 PM
glowplugboy

Mike, I finally had a moment to work with the TX and check the throttle advance with the airframe, and I am happy to say the throttle advance is back to normal! THANKS TO YOU!!!

Regards,
Mike
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
MikeGreenshields

There's a lot of ways to affect travel on an advanced radio like this one. So, having this stuff happen is part of the process. I know it can be a challenge, when we first received samples of this radio the engineers didn't provide us with ANY instruction!!! You can imagine how that went!

Anyway, glad we could help!

Mike