Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD10-G Size?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Grex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD10-G Size?

Im pretty new to the rc world. Ive been flying helis for about 8mths using an A9. My A9 went to radio heaven. Warning dont leave your radio lying around your workshop where you could accidently drop stuff on it breaking the screen, case..etc.

Anyway, i need a new radio. The A9 is a good radio but im thinking I might try something different i.e. SD-10G.
The SD10G seems to do everything extremely well and has competitively price Rx too unlike F*****. My only concern is that the radio looks HUGE. Unfortunately here in Australia the LHS dont stock SD10G - special order, so i dont have a chance to hold one before I purchase which frustrating..

I was wondering if anyone who owns a SD10-G can comment on its size and weight compared to the A9, 8fg or Dx7/8. If someone has photos that would be even better..

Cheers
Grex
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Hauling-A
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: SD10-G Size?

[quote]ORIGINAL: Grex

Im pretty new to the rc world. Ive been flying helis for about 8mths using an A9. My A9 went to radio heaven. Warning dont leave your radio lying around your workshop where you could accidently drop stuff on it breaking the screen, case..etc.

Anyway, i need a new radio. The A9 is a good radio but im thinking I might try something different i.e. SD-10G.
The SD10G seems to do everything extremely well and has competitively price Rx too unlike F*****. My only concern is that the radio looks HUGE. Unfortunately here in Australia the LHS dont stock SD10G - special order, so i dont have a chance to hold one before I purchase which frustrating..

I was wondering if anyone who owns a SD10-G can comment on its size and weight compared to the A9, 8fg or Dx7/8. If someone has photos that would be even better..

Cheers
Grex

Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Hauling-A

I have the SD-10G and Also the X9303 and DX-7 from JR/Spektrum. The SD-10G is a bit thicker than the other two radios. I fly using a neckstrap and use the pinch method to fly (Thumb and Finger) All of the radios are comfortable, For me to hold. The Radio's in the photo are, Closest: X9303, Middle: DX-7, Farthest: SD-10G. Photo with Single Radio is the SD-10G.

J
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60573.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1600032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76207.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1600033  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Grex

ORIGINAL: Hauling-A

I have the SD-10G and Also the X9303 and DX-7 from JR/Spektrum. The SD-10G is a bit thicker than the other two radios. I fly using a neckstrap and use the pinch method to fly (Thumb and Finger) All of the radios are comfortable, For me to hold. The Radio's in the photo are, Closest: X9303, Middle: DX-7, Farthest: SD-10G. Photo with Single Radio is the SD-10G.

J
Thank you for the pics!!!! Very helpful.

It is a bit wider/deeper than the others but not as bad as I expected.. I think the fact that the front panel/screen area is curved give the impression is thicker than it is?

Btw, are they the stock sticks and switches? or did you mod them?

Cheers
G

Old 04-27-2011, 04:28 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW - My previous radio was a Multiplex Royal EVO which has to be one of if not the thinnest radio. Making the switch to the SD-10G literally took one day of flying and it fit like a glove. The best thing in my eyes is the spacing of the switches as I can fit my middle finger in between the top switches comfortably while holding the radio. I have flown other radios while helping people get their planes trimmed and have not found anything that feels appreciably thinner or thicker.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Grex

I seriously cant decide between the SD10-G v 8fg.. The 8fg fit my hands but feels like a toy but the main issue is the price of rx's. If only I could fine someone locally with a SD10 as I want to make sure it feels ok and that I can reach the switches. No point having an awesome radio if I dont like the feel and cant get to the switches... kinda defeats the purpose..

Old 04-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Pippin

I know one 8FG guy who sold his radio because the 8FG was too small and toy-like for him.
Don't you get any right of exchange ordering hobby stuff like a radio? If yes, I would order the SD-10, check it out and then decide what to do with it. Keep it or return it.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Hauling-A

ORIGINAL: Grex

ORIGINAL: Hauling-A

J
Thank you for the pics!!!! Very helpful.

It is a bit wider/deeper than the others but not as bad as I expected.. I think the fact that the front panel/screen area is curved give the impression is thicker than it is?

Btw, are they the stock sticks and switches? or did you mod them?

Cheers
G

Yes, I have The Extended Stick Ends and the switches just have neoprene switch covers on them.

J