Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Servo question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo question

I have got some 94761Z and now I would like to put them into a 50size IC powered plane on ailerons. Since most of the micro servos are only recommended for use in gliders and electrics I am not sure about my idea. Is there anyone who tried them in IC planes?

Btw, I can't find the 94761Z on the Airtronics.net anymore. Are they discontinued?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:42 AM
ToddNicholson

Default RE: Servo question

Hi,

There's no reason not to use them in your IC plane. All Airtronics digital micro servos can be used in either electric or IC applications, in addition to gliders and other applications, as long as the application does not exceed  the torque requirements of your aicraft. The 94761 is a fast little servo that puts out 55 and 60 oz.in at 4.8 and 6.0v respectively, so they should work well in a 50 size aircraft wing. Keep in mind this is also a metal geared servo with dual ball bearings.

They are on the website, but just not categorized yet. You can find them by putting 474150 into the search box. I'll work on getting that servo categorized with the other digital servos and the specs and features updated.

Regards,
Todd
Old 05-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pippin

I have got some 94761Z and now I would like to put them into a 50size IC powered plane on ailerons. Since most of the micro servos are only recommended for use in gliders and electrics I am not sure about my idea. Is there anyone who tried them in IC planes?

Btw, I can't find the 94761Z on the Airtronics.net anymore. Are they discontinued?

Follow the manufactures recommendations for Servo Torque Requirements and you won t go wrong,,, look at it this way, your gonna have a chunk of change flying around there.

Do you really want to use servos that are less than adequate for your plane?

BV
Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Pippin

Thanks for your commends. I've got one of the Kyosho warbirds. Usually, I would chose the 94102Z for 40-50 size planes (not 50cc). But since I got some 94761Z, I really like these servos. Fast, powerful, precise. I think, they are a perfect match. Also, I could safe some weight.
Some friends used Hitec micro servos in similar planes and after some time, the pots would go bad. It's why I asked. Just to get sure.