Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

RDS 8000 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 AM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RDS 8000 problem

Ok, I have been able to figure out almost everything in this hobby until now. This is not my first plane. I have checked everything that I can think of, so now I'm stumped.

I am switching one of my planes from Futaba to Airtronics. It's set up with dual aileron servos without a Y connector. Simple stuff, two channels, worked fine with Futaba. I have the servos set up exactly like the Airtronics instructions show on page 45. I have the flaperon function set as ACT.

When I move the aileron stick to the right, both ailerons go down. Move it to the left, they both go up. I have the flap switch set towards me and the ailerons are neutral. I move the switch to the middle, and the ailerons move as though the plane were banking right. Move the switch to the last position, and the ailerons bank more to the right. So basically, the right side aileron servo is turning the wrong direction.

I even tried a different Airtronics receiver, with the same result.

Any ideas?

Ok, I have to tell you, as I was typing this sentence "So basically, the right side aileron servo is turning the wrong direction" it occurred to me what the problem was. I kept thinking the switch and the stick had somehow changed places. Man, do I feel like an idiot.

It's fixed.

I went ahead and posted this since I had it all typed out, and maybe somebody will have the same problem. But the rest of you should get a good laugh on me.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM
I ALSO FLY RC

Default RE: RDS 8000 problem

We are glad to hear you determined what was wrong with your setup and corrected it...... As you now know, when you select FLAPE in the etc menu, you then have Channel #2 as the Left Aileron servo and Channel #6 (P-F channel) as the Right Aileron servo. The throws for both Ch #2 and #6 are set in the Ch #2 Aileron channel. Servo Reversing, Center, and Trim can be set in either #2 or #6. If you do not want FLAPERONS, which are controlled by the 3-position switch, you can zero out the EPA in the P-F channel for all positions of the 3-position switch.

If you would like to have some setups for the RD8000/RD8000, please let us know and they can be E-mailed to you.

Airtronics Technical Support
800-262-1178
Old 07-15-2011, 02:22 PM
mesaflyer

I set it up this way to play around with the flaperons. It's a MOJO 40, 3D profile plane, so I am planning on experimenting a little with it.

What are you referring to when you say "setups" e-mailed to me?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM
I ALSO FLY RC

When we speak of etups" we are referring to how to program the transmitter for a specific model. For instance, I have written one RD8000/RDS8000 setup for the Hanger 9 Ultra Stick or similar model to provide Dual Ailerons, Dual Flaps and Crow. Another setup is for an F-14 model. Skip Miller wrote one for a high performance sailplane with flight modes. Please call if we can assist you further.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178