Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SD-10G and 92224 Rx

I have a SD-10G and tried a new 6-Channel 92224 Rx this weekend. My first experience with this radio. When I try to do a range check I can only get about 50-feet at best before I lose control. On my 10-Channel radios I can go far beyond the spec. Is this normal? Anyone with experience on this combo?

Thanks.

P-Man
    Plasticman

~~
    ----------------------
    |
    |
    ------

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SD-10G and 92224 Rx

Are you on low power mode when you're testing that? 
    Mark Atwood
    Team Airtronics | Castle Creation | F3A Unlimited | YS Parts and Service

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use the RX600 and RX700 FHSS1 RXs in a couple models and get to about 30-35 paces before I see degradation. Are you between the model and the TX? Have you tried moving in a circle around the model at 30 paces to see if the issue goes away? Depending on the antenna orientation you could just be in a shadowed area.
    Team YS, Team Airtronics
    Pattern Junkie, Revver Brother #82, Gear Head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was in low power mode doing this check and no, I have not moved around the model much (good point on possible shadow area). Also, I am not putting my body between the plane and the Tx. What I did do, against better judgement perhaps, is switch back to normal power mode and walked until the plane was nearly out of my typical flight/vision range. I had no problem in this mode and went ahead and flew the plane. Worked perfectly! My antennae orientation is such that one is point straight up and visible through the canopy and one is horizontal taped to the fuse side.

I was informed, by an experienced gentlemen here on this site, that low-power range check for these Rx's is very short. So, perhaps this is normal and nothing to be concerned with.

P-man
    Plasticman

~~
    ----------------------
    |
    |
    ------