Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Competitive priced Airtronics 2.4GHz receivers ???

This question is for Mike Greenshields

Tower Hobbies is selling the Futaba R2106GF 6-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS Micro Receiver for $35. Others are selling them for even lower at $30. At these prices, there is no need to buy clones from China.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXARPA&P=7

The Airtronics 92664 RX-60 2.4GHz FHSS 6-Channel Park Flyer Short Range Mini Receiver is in same class as Futaba.

Considering Futaba has a larger market share, is Airtronics going to be lower the price of 92664 RX-60 to stay competitive ?

For my kids, I am considering purchasing two entry level Computer Radio's with price of extra receivers as a strong deciding factor. As the 2.4GHz conversion market dries up, the Chinese manufactures will eventually make more and more clone receivers. It's matter of time. The Chinese manufactures are making decent quality Futaba clones Rx for fraction of the cost which are perfect of indoor and slow flyers. This is probably the main reason to come out with lower price FHSS system with $30 Rx.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Competitive priced Airtronics 2.4GHz receivers ???

I am not asked but would like to say that the Futaba Rx is S-FHSS only. You can not use this type of Rx with any other radio but the T6J (or T18MZ later this year).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Competitive priced Airtronics 2.4GHz receivers ???

Yes Futaba does have this one lower price option with this one radio. It is about 10 dollars cheaper than our price on the RX60.

However, if you look at the Airtronics line as a whole, there are more options for that SD-6G including full range 5 and 6 channels receiver for prices very competitive to all of the major brands in the 50-60 dollar range as well as 3gram indoor receivers in the 40 dollar range. Airtronics offers a well-rounded radio that is trainer compatible with all of our SD series radios, a full range of receivers to choose from, and they might not be the absolute cheapest, they are competitive priced overall.
    At this moment, I do not see the price changing on receivers.

The FHSS technology we use is not cheap to duplicate, nor easy, and thus so far, no clones as well.

Take a close look at the SD-6G. It is feature packed, has some advanced features not even found on more expensive radios, and has a full range of receivers to choose from. Thus in my humble opinion, it's a good radio to grow with as your child's interests in the hobby grow.

Mike
    Mike Greenshields - Product Manager
    Airtronics - Global Hobby Distributors