Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G limit travel question

Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD-10G limit travel question

I have a friend that has this radio and I was going to help him with his setup. He has Hitec servos and I have a programmer so we would like to program the servos and set the radio up for max resolution. I have always set my end points in my radios to max, weather its' Futaba at 140% or JR at 150%. I then leave the travel volume at the default 100% for the high rates and with D/R dial the volume down to my desired low rate setting.
Now being new to Airtronics, I see the end points can be maxed out to 150% for the max resolution of 1024. Am I right? Now this is my big question, the limit also goes to 150%, but shouldn't I be leaving the limit at 100% to be 100% of the max end point 150%? I wouldn't think I should see 150% on the Limit as well, right?
Like I said, we are programming the servos center and end points with the programmer, so I would like to just leave the radio sub-trim alone at zero and max the end points out.
Am I right in my thinking? Then with the D/R switch for low rates just leave the end points alone, but dial down the Limit.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
MikeGreenshields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SD-10G limit travel question

Our "max limit" does not work the same as Futaba. The Max Limit is an overdrive limiter to prevent over driving the servos, especially in situations where the servo "could" travel farther than the control surface would allow (for example a glider where the live hinges only travel so far before stuff starts breaking). If you have the epa's higher than the "limits" you will have dead space at the end of the stick travel. It is not re-calculating the way Futaba does.

So, leave the limits alone (all the way up) and Max on the epa and max on the d/r (for the highest setting) will give you max travel and max resolution.