Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dual flap servos on a 6G system

Is it possible to set up the 6G for dual flap servos without using a reversing Y cable?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis
    Dennis D MAAC 9412L
    IMAC 3821 Team Airtronics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dual flap servos on a 6G system

Dennis:
    Normally, you will only have one Flap channel on the SD-6G, so you will have to use a "Y" harness on Channel #6 to operate both Flap Servos. If you select 2 Aileron servos in the TYPE menu, your channel outputs are #1 Elevator, #2 Left Aileron, #3 Throttle, #4 Ruder, #5 Right Aileron, #5 Flap. However if you select only 1 Aileron in the TYPE menu, you will have to use a "Y" harness on the Ailerons, and you could then mix Channel #6 FL to Channel #5 GE to obtain dual Flap servos, but you may not want to do that. If you did, you would set the Gear EPA to 0% for both positions of the Gear Switch and adjust the Hi mixing Rate in C-MIX 1 to obtain the correct deflection of the second Flap servo when the Flap switch is operated....... It all comes down to the fact that for a model with Elevator, dual Ailerons, Rudder, Throttle, you only have one Flap channel.

If you have any questions or if I can assist you further please call or send an E-mail

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    800-262-1178
    rc1pilot@jcis.net