Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Cleaning the SD-10G Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cleaning the SD-10G Transmitter

This may sound trivial but after a very hot summer and some less than perfect flights (perspiration inducing flights!) using my Airtronics SD-10G radio, the face is pretty dirty. There is some greenish soil in the crevices and the whole case needs a good cleaning. I have used alcohol on a cotton swab but would like to do a more thorough cleaning. What does everyone use in this case?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning the SD-10G Transmitter

I use a little stiff bristle brush, and computer cleaner (isopropyl alcohol - what is in a medical sterile swab) on a make up removal pad.

Smells like "clean surgical instruments", lifts the oil and grime, and kills 99.9% of germs on your tranny .
Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning the SD-10G Transmitter

ORIGINAL: fiery

I use a little stiff bristle brush, and computer cleaner (isopropyl aclochol - like what is in a medical sterile swab) on a make up removal pad.

Smells like ''hospital'', lifts the oil and grime, and kills the 99.9% of germs on your tranny .
Thanks for the reply. I talked my wife into cleaning it and she used the alcohol with a cotton swab. Did a pretty good job. I told her it look like new