Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

The LCD Display overview on my radio shows a fluctuating voltage read. Never happened in the past as far as I recall. Specifically, after a proper fresh charge, the LCD display reads 8.1v and a second later, reads 7.2 v and then it bounces up to 8.1v or 7.6v or 7.4v. After two -three flights, it dips lower which is to be expected, but fluctuates as before to levels I'm uncomfortable with.

Then I stop flying.

At first, I thought it was the original battery, so I changed it to a low time 6 cell 2000mAh Eneloop .

Same voltage irregularities.

The radio went back to Airtronics late last year for the recall/upgrade of the circuit board.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

I had the same problem after RF upgrade. Removed pack & tested with a load on it & battery made a big drop. It had a bad cell. Replaced with a 2000mah Eneloop NMH & it's ROCK STEADY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SD-10G Issue With TX Battery Voltage

I have noticed this with mine also. anyone figure out the cause? I cycled the batt a few times and it seemed to be a little better. Think i am just going to go 2 cell lipo.