Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM
parpar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

Sounds like now would be a really good time to get an update out and fix this and all the other things people have asked for.
Ya i can see this being a giant issue making people uncomfortable. I mean come on C-mix wont work past 100% EPA on the slave. Cant run max throw to fly 3D when c-mixing channels. I hope they fix it. I dont feel comfortable recommending the Radio anymore. Makes me look stupid. And all my planes are covered in Airtronics decals. YOu could even say i bragged so much i was a FANBOY. Ahhhhh.

I am thinking for now, because i dont like my setup, i will run match boxes. But run seperate power to my servos to avoid pulling so many amps thru one channel buss / servo extension. .
Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

I have done the same amount of bragging par, feel like a idjit bout now......the servos on my extra are way over kill, thinking i might just drop the mechanical advantage for travel and run the current mix.
But as you stated, recommending this radio to G.S. guys now is out.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:53 PM
MikeRuth

I'm gonna go with atx fixing this and soon.
the sd-10g is still in so many was superior to the alteratives out there. I'll take this gitch over all the crud with spektrum and hitech any day, futaba and JR don't even open my eyes any more.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 PM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: MikeRuth

I'm gonna go with atx fixing this and soon.
the sd-10g is still in so many was superior to the alteratives out there. I'll take this gitch over all the crud with spektrum and hitech any day, futaba and JR don't even open my eyes any more.
ATX ????

Old 01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
nute12

AirTroniX
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Once again, I'll mention that this setup can be easily made to work properly on the glider side of the radio. The big however is that you have to build your own C-mixes to gain back some of the preset mixes that are on the aero side.  So it might turn out that you still can't get there from here.

I've got may hundreds of flights with the S-10G on turbine powered jets.  I use all the channels on every jet, usually 4 flight modes and a substantial portion of the rest of the features.  The radio works well.  I've been able to overcome most of my programming issues but I still find it intertesting that some things are just better on the glider side and haven't been done the same way on the aero side.  The JR XP9303 was kind of the same way, as if the glider guys got the last say and marketing declared victory before the software was normalized across the aircraft types.

All in all, the SD-10G IMO is still an incredible value versus other top of the line radios.  Just get me 4 or 6 more channels and a few more mixers.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
nute12

To be honest, even now i would buy it again, I 'm just disappointed that this issue exists.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
parpar1

Ok who wants to be first. Jack (tech) wrote this today for us. instructions for programming Giant scale 4 servos for ailerons in glider mode
CRap just figured out i cant upload PDF.

Email me and i will send it to you. [email protected]
Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 PM
john911

i just looked at it . why dont they just fix it?that ? was for you mike.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
nute12

"End Point Adjustments as well as Servo Reversing will affect both of the Elevator servos as well as both Rudder servos... If one servo needs to be reversed, it can be done using the EMS Servo Reverser from Electronic Model Systems 800-845-8978."

Great effort for such a short lead time..... but we are back to reverse rs or matchbox type units..... its still not linking channels together to max deflection Maybe i am to fussy, also on ch assign, I could not get A1 to show up on ch 9
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 PM
john911

i would to.even if take some time to get it i would like to see a fix.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 PM
nute12

I am not an a super hurry for it either. i would like to see it in a update to airplane programming tho. Using what we have in ACRO and fight the linkage is the better option right now.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 AM
FLYING-HIGH2

what happened to the pdf work around ?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 AM
MikeRuth

sent you an email, I'll post it up.

Mike R
Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 AM
nute12

Parpar posted the pdf. on another site and i got it from there. In post 35 i quoted from the pdf. this setup still necessitates the use of a reverser or matchbox on the rudder and elevator. all it cures is the ailerons at the cost of dual elevator and rudder channels. It still requires the purchase of "gizmos" (spendy gizmos at that" to make it work for this application. using a y cable I cannot believe is even in there. what we need is a "patch" (a better word escapes me right now) that allows the c-mix slave to go to 150% travel. I am not worried about getting power into the rx as i am setting up duals. so i have open channels to supply power.

here is the last para:

NOTE: All of the above Mixer values are trial values. Fine-tune and set up servo centers, throws, reversing and EPA’s as required. Engine Throttle is controlled by the Motor channel. Set Low Throttle to read L 50% as a trial value so the Throttle advances normally.... Throttle Trim is controlled by VR7. Engine Kill is controlled by Switch 32. Dual Elevator (CH 01), and Dual Rudder (CH 04) servos are obtained using a “Y†harness.
End Point Adjustments as well as Servo Reversing will affect both of the Elevator servos as well as both Rudder servos... If one servo needs to be reversed, it can be done using the EMS Servo Reverser from Electronic Model Systems
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 AM
nute12

please dont think i am being ornery, I sure don't mean to be. I'm just trying to figure out how to make this work properly.
John
Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 AM
parpar1

Yep bouncing back and forth betwen here and FG

When i played with it i did "Y" the rudder at first. For the elev i made ch 1 and ch 5 ELV. So 1 and 5 both are elev. Now heres the catch i run hitec servos so i matched them up and reversed one using the servo programmer and it was fine. You can do the same on the rudder 4 and 10. Programmer is the key here. But yep sucks not being able to program the ch separately via the transmitter.

What he has here works but throttle trim is a little strange. i acually was able to get the throttle trim button to work by mixing the stick to a flap or was it flap to stick? making it think you are trimming a flap. It took some playing with to get full throttle travel and a ok trim travel
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

+1 for Atx fixing the problem pretty quick. Reading this thread it looks like people are giving up and getting frustrated, but then I see it's only been a day of talking about it.

It sounds like there is a work-around in the mean time. This radio still blows most others out of the water when it comes to programming and flexibility, it's surprising to see people so ready to give up on it.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
cap10b

All,
4 ail has been kicked around since the radio came out, there is a published work around out there.
4 ail update to the software has also been transmitted to Japan all we can do is wait.
Sanwa is slow
Smart Fly EQ 10 seems to solve the 4 ai problem for me.
If you like the number system and bundled functions this radio is not for you.
If you have problems programing your DVR or working in Visual Basic this radio is not for you.
I know people who fly turbines with the Stylus radio and dont know how to program past D/R
and end point adjustment.

Johnny Snead
Wildhare co-pilot
NDRCC Gold Leader Club
Webmaster NDRCC
Board member 2012

Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

+1 for Atx fixing the problem pretty quick. Reading this thread it looks like people are giving up and getting frustrated, but then I see it's only been a day of talking about it.

It sounds like there is a work-around in the mean time. This radio still blows most others out of the water when it comes to programming and flexibility, it's surprising to see people so ready to give up on it.
<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

The throttle trim work around needs to be better. Using the VR7 (dial) would be hard to get use to. You could go a hair to far fast and DEADSTICK!

Alot of people would say if it cant do what i need it to do what good is it. Understandable

I am sure there are a lot of pilots out there that don’t like having too perform workarounds (magic) to get a basic function to work. It just creates a feeling of "what else cant it do that has not been discovered yet". At least with me it does.

Airtronics may be missing a window of opportunity now.
Most people seem to buy a brand and stick with it because they have invested in many receivers. It just cost too much to replace them all. So when they upgrade, as i did, they buy the brand again. Lets face it, they (radios) are all similar in what they do, all have two sticks.bla bla bla...However with all the brown-outs, glitches....... that some are feeling is associated to other brands in the last year or so, have been looking for a new brand. And that new brand has to be known as glitch free, which Airtronics is (as far as i am concerned it is). I think they have a chance to get a bigger bite of the market if they jump on this fix fast. Also The Chinese products have allowed a lot of lower income people (me included) get back into the hobby and fly the big stuff. The Airtronics radio based on features and price is a perfect match for people like me. So with this aspect of the hobby growing too Airtronics again has a opportunity to get a bigger bit of the market. We are talking to a guy right now on FG that is looking at the SD10g but now is ready to walk away.

So come ATX please make this happen ASAP. No I am not a stock holder, just a fanboy lol

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: cap10b

All,
4 ail has been kicked around since the radio came out, there is a published work around out there.
Johnny Snead
Wildhare co-pilot
NDRCC Gold Leader Club
Webmaster NDRCC
Board member 2012
Head slap!!!!!!!
Johnny read the thread the old published jerk-a-round does not work correctly for max throws. And the new one only comes close.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:11 PM
MikeRuth

Sorry, had to conver the PDF to jpegs to upload here. Guess there afraid of harmful pdf's!

Mike R

This is from Jack at ATX.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20846.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	1715893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53092.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1715894  
Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
nute12

gotta watch those dangerous pdf files!
Thank you Mike for the quick and courteous response . hopefully some sort of cure can be found for the basic issue tho, mixing power is excellent, you can do most anything. just the mixes needs to be able to run the full amount of servo travel for 3D stuff. we needs sails to blow around.
i have tried both and i can actually do better just renaming the channels I need the same as the master and playing with the linkage. y cables are not a acceptable option for me couple 4-5 amp servos on a 3-4 amp plug, i have learned to deal with that on single servos as i have to use extensions with the stupid light duty plugs anyhow. (still don't like it) ......... i was really hoping to avoid a section board, reverser or match box. It also kills any chance of using the delay function to help match the servos. The main reason for me selecting this radio was these options and now i find they don't work for my app.
Anyhow!, my rant is done, just hoping for a update!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Thud_Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A much cleaner fix would be to provide more template options so that you don't need the C-mixes to make up for the limitations although they still need to fix the mix issues.

I missed the part about the throttle trim not following the assignment of the stick to MT and that it remains attached to the flaps in glider mode.  Bummer.  Guess trim and throttle cut (for stick lock out??) aren't necessary on motor gliders.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Hang tight, use the work-around until the fix comes out. Airtronics is very responsive and really cares to provide their customers with a quality product.

There is a reason this radio came with the ability to plug into a computer and download updates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.