Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

Par,
I’m not trying to be argumentative but Jack’s work around works, what you fail to understand is you cannot defy the laws of physics.
This statement confirms that flaps do travel 150%
EPA setting range for the primary flight controls is 0% to 150%. The default setting is 100%. EPA setting range for Flaps and Auxiliary channels is -150% to 150%. The default setting range varies based on current Model Type and specific Model Type selection options, and the positions of the Flap and Auxiliary channel switches. Increasing the EPA Adjustment Value increases servo travel and decreasing the EPA Adjustment Value decreases servo travel.

This statement confirms the flaps to Ai mix only goes to 100%
FL > LA and FL > RA setting range is -100% to 100%. The default setting is 100%. When the percentage value is decreased from 100% to 0%, Flaperon travel will decrease in one direction. When the percentage value is decreased from 0% to -100%, Flaperon travel will increase in the opposite direction.

So the answer to the problem is use the values you have and change the geometry of the linkages.
Like I said we have advised Airtronics that we need 4 ailerons set up and not in Glider mode. The problem is Sanwa. They work in mysterious ways and Cars and Glider have their ear, pattern and IMAC are behind everyone else.

I do fly a 39% Giles 202 so 4 AI is important to me however I have emailed everyone I can at ATX so in the mean time I use a Smart Fly EQ 10 and fly.

JDS
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 AM
parpar1

Default RE: sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

ORIGINAL: cap10b

Par,
I’m not trying to be argumentative but Jack’s work around works, what you fail to understand is you cannot defy the laws of physics.
This statement confirms that flaps do travel 150%
EPA setting range for the primary flight controls is 0% to 150%. The default setting is 100%. EPA setting range for Flaps and Auxiliary channels is -150% to 150%. The default setting range varies based on current Model Type and specific Model Type selection options, and the positions of the Flap and Auxiliary channel switches. Increasing the EPA Adjustment Value increases servo travel and decreasing the EPA Adjustment Value decreases servo travel.

This statement confirms the flaps to Ai mix only goes to 100%
FL > LA and FL > RA setting range is -100% to 100%. The default setting is 100%. When the percentage value is decreased from 100% to 0%, Flaperon travel will decrease in one direction. When the percentage value is decreased from 0% to -100%, Flaperon travel will increase in the opposite direction.

So the answer to the problem is use the values you have and change the geometry of the linkages.
Like I said we have advised Airtronics that we need 4 ailerons set up and not in Glider mode. The problem is Sanwa. They work in mysterious ways and Cars and Glider have their ear, pattern and IMAC are behind everyone else.

I do fly a 39% Giles 202 so 4 AI is important to me however I have emailed everyone I can at ATX so in the mean time I use a Smart Fly EQ 10 and fly.

JDS
<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

I dont think you are being argumentative. This healthy learning for all of us. And just to be clear we are talking about the first work around right? Not the new one "4 ail servos giant scale" Because the new one works but just not to everyones satisfaction

So i think you confirmed it (Original work around http://rcheliguy.dyndns.org/global/a...r%20Servos.pdf ) does not work based on your statements; "This statement confirms the flaps to Ai mix only goes to 100%". So you have confirmed it does not go past 100% and meet our needs. WE need it to go 150% like the rest of the brands that defy the law of physics.

And i think you further confirm based on this statement; “So the answer to the problem is use the values you have and change the geometry of the linkages” . I already run 1.75 inch servo arms and if i go any lower on the horns my servo torque will go down even lower, which is unacceptable.

Thanks for providing info to support our cause. I did read it right did'nt i ?.

If 30% degrees of surface deflection is all i needed it would be fine. But i am after 40 to 45. .This is for a 120cc 104inc Aj Slick 104.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 AM
cap10b

Par,

I'm not trying to be a smart ass and I understand where you are coming from. But knowing what you know now would you buy this radio again. If the answer is no, then why do you beat your head against a brick wall. If the other radios suits your needs better, sell your stuff and buy the other radio, It's that simple.

All the big 3D guys around here, if something doesnt work right for them, that product is gone and they find something else. There is no brand loyalty among them and rightfully so.
I am slowly leaning toward warbirds and this radio works great for 50-80cc class planes.
I can deal with lack of channels but I cant deal with the "Crash for no reason" syndrom that all the OTHER radios that defy physics seem to have problems with.

So nobody is twisting your arm to stay with the SD-10G if that radio does not do what you want Don't wait on Sanwa or ATX to come up with a fix, you will be waiting a very long time.

Fly Hard !
See you guys at
WBOTX in June

JDS

Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: cap10b

Par,

I'm not trying to be a smart ass and I understand where you are coming from. But knowing what you know now would you buy this radio again. If the answer is no, then why do you beat your head against a brick wall. If the other radios suits your needs better, sell your stuff and buy the other radio, It's that simple.

All the big 3D guys around here, if something doesnt work right for them, that product is gone and they find something else. There is no brand loyalty among them and rightfully so.
I am slowly leaning toward warbirds and this radio works great for 50-80cc class planes.
I can deal with lack of channels but I cant deal with the "Crash for no reason" syndrom that all the OTHER radios that defy physics seem to have problems with.

So nobody is twisting your arm to stay with the SD-10G if that radio does not do what you want Don't wait on Sanwa or ATX to come up with a fix, you will be waiting a very long time.
Fly Hard !
See you guys at
WBOTX in June
JDS
<xml><w:worddocument><w:view>Normal</w:view><w:zoom>0</w:zoom><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:browserlevel></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="156" deflockedstate="false"></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

Not sure how to answer this or even if it deserves and answer. Sorry everyone having long day and this guy is a …..

I can deal with lack of channels but I cant deal with the "Crash for no reason" syndrom that all the OTHER radios that defy physics seem to have problems with. YOU SURE LIKE THE WORD PHYSICS.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT WE FIND A PROBLEM. WE ALL START WORKING TOGETHER TO DEVELOP A SOLUTION, FINE TUNE THAT SOLUTION. YOU JUMP IN SPOUTING “IT WORKS” “IT WORKS” WITH OUT READING THE WHOLE THREAD (MEANING UNDERSTANDING WHAT OUR NEEDS ARE AND OUR DEFINITION OF WORKS). THEN WHEN IT IS EXPLAINED TO YOU IT BECOMES MY FAULT IT DOES NOT WORK AND MY AIRFRAME CONFIGURATION IS THE ISSUE NOT THE RADIO!. THEN WHEN I CLARIFY. YOU JUMP MY ASS AND START UP.

I HAVE LEARNED THAT WHEN JACKHOLES START A POST BY SAYING “ I DON’T MEAN TO BE AN ASS” I DON’T MEAN TO BE ARGUMENTATIVE” BUT THEN THAT IS ALL THEY DO. YES YOU DO MEAN TO BE THAT WAY AND YES YOU ARE AN .....

DRINK SOME MORE COOL-AID. NO ONE S FORCING YOU TO READ THIS THREAD OR HIT POST.

So if you don’t have anything constructive to add …..

SORRY I DON’T MEAN TO COME OFF AS AN A-HOLE TO YOU. NOR MEAN TO IMPLY I AM TELLING YOU TO F-......

Ok everyone can we get back to figuring this out until it is fixed via software.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow cap.....that's one way of thinking about it .... i guess.....dont forget to tell us how ya really feel.
when i bought the radio i also bought quite a few extra receivers. I am in pretty deep right now to just sell at a loss and buy something else.
I cant speak for par, but i really like this radio and want it to work... I also think they will make it work for us 3D guys, there is one heck of a market for it if they get this ironed out. I think they try to give us what we need also....for all types of flyers. If i had known of this before buying it I don't know if i would have still got it and just bought the gizmos to make it work or moved on. I really cant say. I think the whole deal here is just surprise and disappointment it does not do it. What really surprises me is this radio has been out this long and this is just discovered.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
FLYING-HIGH2

that is what i do get, in all this time since the radio has been out that no one ever went past 100%
on their atv's i am just getting into larger planes and 3D but then again in all my other smaller planes never needed to.
i was in the hobby shop today and on one of the covers on a magazine they had the SD-10G and a review
and this not being able to mix over 100% was the first thing i thought of.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Pippin

I solved the problem!

And there is no bug and no need for a fix as far I can see.

I C-mixed AL with AUX1, AUX2, AUX3 and AUX4. Al 100% and AUX1 to 150% EPA in SURFACE, in C-MIX POINT 1 and POINT 9 to (-) 150% . Everything works as it should.

The solution is, you have to set AL D/R to 150%!!! That's it.

The SD-10 is a great radio even for giant 3D planes. Have fun!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 AM
john911
My Feedback: (1)

i just tried on mine it don't work.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Pippin

Wait a minute,
In my example all channels: AL, AUX1-4 should be set to 100% in SURFACE. D/R and Point 1 and 9 in C-Mix should be set to +/- 125% or 150%. Or whatever you need.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Pippin

Seperate dualrate for alierons can be activated via the F-Mode function. Set the specific C-Mix according to the D/R using C-MIX>COMMON>SEP

Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 AM
john911

its just not working on mine.no matter what i try the al is 1\3 slower then aux.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: Pippin

I solved the problem!

And there is no bug and no need for a fix as far I can see.

I C-mixed AL with AUX1, AUX2, AUX3 and AUX4. Al 100% and AUX1 to 150% EPA in SURFACE, in C-MIX POINT 1 and POINT 9 to (-) 150% . Everything works as it should.

The solution is, you have to set AL D/R to 150%!!! That's it.

The SD-10 is a great radio even for giant 3D planes. Have fun!
i will try it this Saturday, its going to rain all day so not flying. I hope it works.
And thanks for getting us back on track.

Set up why do you have AL and aux 1thru 4. i would think AL +aux 1 thru 3 (4 channels) ? so what channels did you reassign, and what did you assign each one too. CH2(aux 1)=left inbd ail. CH6 (aux2) = left oubd ail, ch and so on....Can you please break it down

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
john911

if you use al both right an left are going to be on one chan. then you have to do all your d\r an expo in a flight mode.it works but i would rather have fix for la+ lfl an ra+ rfl c-mix.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: john911

if you use al both right an left are going to be on one chan. then you have to do all your d\r an expo in a flight mode.it works but i would rather have fix for la+ lfl an ra+ rfl c-mix.
Help me out here
In "system" under "TYPE" wing = norm, ail=1 or 2? flap 1, tail 2x el, throt=1.

then "systems" channel assign ? what do you have there?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:32 AM
john911

i used 1 fl mixed al to aux1 check to see worked it did i dint do anything else.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Pippin

I used this walk around with different setups to make sure it works. Here is one with one Al servo as Master and 3 AUX servos as slave servos in C-MIX. It's that you would like to use in a bipe plane.

TYPE>AERO

WING>NORMAL
AILERON>1
FLAP>1
TAIL>NOMAL
THROTTLE>1

SURFACE

AI L100%/R100%

A4 (07), A3 (08), A2 (09) The number in brackets shows channel number. A stands for AUX in SURFACE. This is the standard displayed in SURFACE.

In order to set the A4, A3, A2 L (low) and H ( values) I assigned VR7 in F-MODE>VR ASSIGN to all 3 AUX channels beforehand! Back in SURFACE and you can turn VR7 clockwise/counter-clockwise to display the L and H values. Set them to L100% and H100%.

Now the important point. Go back to F-MODE>VR ASSIGN and make sure all 3 AUX channels (or the channels you want to C-Mix are not assigned to any VR. Delete VR7 from AUX2 to AUX4.

In the next step go to SYSTEM>SW ASSIGN and set C-MIX2,3,4>ON

Then go to F-MODE>D/R CH>AL and set the values you want. I set L>125% R>125%

In F-MODE>C-MIX >C-Mix, use C-MIX2,3 and 4 set>COMMON>COM>MASTER>SLAVE>AUX1/2/3>POINT>1>RATE>125% (or -125%, depending with servo is in the left or right wing), POINT>9, the opposite of to POINT 1. Make sure you did it in C-MIX 2,3 and 4 according to your needs.

It is important to use the same values in RATE as in D/R. You can use C-MIX4 and AUX4 as SLAVE and so on. Check in SX MONITOR that you got everything right.

Now, you have a 4 servo wing in AERO and you can use throws between 100% and 150%.

Of course, you can use AUX1-3 instead of 2-4.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Pippin

If you start from

TYPE>AERO
WING>NORMAL
AILERON>2
FLAP>1

make sure AUX3 is not assigned to switch 22 and 24 if you want to use AUX3 as slave channel.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: Pippin

If you start from

TYPE>AERO
WING>NORMAL
AILERON>2
FLAP>1

make sure AUX3 is not assigned to switch 22 and 24 if you want to use AUX3 as slave channel.

Ok you got me all excited (insert joke here) i am ready to try.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
john911

after i do all that d\r an expo only work on al is that why you say d\r need to be the same as the endpoints?then you need to set up a flight mode for each rate an expo you want right?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 AM
john911

with out the +expo or d\r wont work on the slaved ch.you can get d\r buy using flight modes but you cant get expo.i need expo so this wont work for me.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:30 AM
parpar1

ORIGINAL: john911

with out the +expo or d\r wont work on the slaved ch.you can get d\r buy using flight modes but you cant get expo.i need expo so this wont work for me.
WHAT!!!!!!!! Must have Expo i run 70% on high rates

Old 01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Pippin

I just tried EXPO. Right, is works on ailerons only. To get EXPO on the slave channels, I would activated the other POINTs in C-MIX and would make the C-MIX curve look like the EXPO curve. It's not perfect but it might do the job.

My curves programmed in C-MIX using the 9-point curves look like a 70% EXPO curve.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
john911

i hope they fix the c-mix.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:13 PM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or turn the expo off on the master channel and run equal curv on it.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
john911

our just wait on a fix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.