Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

6.6v in an older 92824 Rx??

I just read on the HP website that "Now all airtronics Rx's can use a nominal 4.8v - 6.6v battery" my question is.. are my older 92824 rx's ok to use the 6.6 volt A123 / LiFe2s packs, or is it just the newer Rx's have been modified / updated to run the higher voltages?

also, I have a new 1/3 scale Extra (I think it's an Extra!) that i will be using servos of at least 200+ oz torque, can the Rx handle the higher amp draws of the larger servos without having to use some sort of special wiring configuration / external servo power source, or can they be plugged directly into the Rx and used just like a standard servo.

Thank you,

Craig.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #10
    Revver Bro #263
    Tiger Club #26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 6.6v in an older 92824 Rx??

In regard to the 8 channel 92824 receivers, there is no up date or modification for the 92824 receiver.

All of our FHSS-1 receivers, including the 92824, are OK to use on anything from a 4 or 5 cell Ni-Mh or Ni-Cd pack, to a 2 cell Li-Fe/A123 pack. However, you must use a voltage regulator if you are going to use a 2 cell Li-Po pack.

All of our FHSS-3 receivers for the SD-10G can use the above stated packs as well as a 2 cell Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) pack. Of course your servos must be rated for operation at the higher voltage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In regard to the second part of your posting, if you are going to setup a 1/3 size model that has multiple servos on the Ailerons, Rudder and Elevators, it is advisable to use a power distribution device such as the Smart-Fly Power Systems Sport Plus. It provides 6.0 volts continuous, 15 amps peak servo regulator...see www.smart-fly.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IAFRC,

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Craig.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #10
    Revver Bro #263