Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Help with rds 8000

Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
unclecrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with rds 8000

I am running dual elevators. using the channel 1 and 7 aux 1 I am wondering if it is possible to use Aux 8 to run a dual aileron servo set up using channel 2 and 8 or am I asking too much of this radio. I see no info on this. Like with the dual elevator setup. I have flaps on channel 6 running dual batteries on channel 5 and channel 8 was going to run a y to my 2nd battery and use for the other aileron Thanks Dave
Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 AM
mschulz531

Default RE: Help with rds 8000

I've got an RDS 8000 and I'm using it with the 8ch RX on a 30cc Su-26 with a DLE-30. I've got dual ailerons on channels 2 and 6, and dual elevators on 1 and 7. I'm using ch 5 for a throttle kill switch; I don't have flaps. Not sure how you would handle flaps and dual ailerons with this RX.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 AM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The quick and easy way to find the answer to your question is to call the Airtronics help line. The man who will answer your call is named Jack Albrecht. Jack is a highly experienced model flyer and knows the RDS8000 inside-out. He should be able to walk you through the setup if one exists. If he doesn't have the answer on the tip of his tongue, he'll figure it out and call you back. I believe it is best to call him after noon, PST.

Jack Albrecht, Airtronics Technical Services, (800) 262 - 1178

Good luck

Dick
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
unclecrash

Thanks Guys. I got it done but not how I was hoping. I used 1 and 6 for alierons. Then you have to put all the end points to zero so the 3 positions flaps switch is canceled out. Then I used 8 for the flaps, but I only have off or on the flaps. No three position switch for off and 2 flap settings. It will work. I also ran a y to 8 for a battery and the other I ran to channel 5 which is retracts. When I change over from fixed gear to electric retracts I will put another y on the second battery channel.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM
unclecrash

ORIGINAL: mschulz531

I've got an RDS 8000 and I'm using it with the 8ch RX on a 30cc Su-26 with a DLE-30. I've got dual ailerons on channels 2 and 6, and dual elevators on 1 and 7. I'm using ch 5 for a throttle kill switch; I don't have flaps. Not sure how you would handle flaps and dual ailerons with this RX.

You can run Batteries on a y with any channel. I did like you did late last night I already had the elevators hooked to 1 and 7 Then I read the book and did the elevons or ailerons on 2 and 6 and set end points to zero so the 3 position switch didn't mess with the ailerons.