Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Range checking a RD8000

Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 PM
gmeyer-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range checking a RD8000

I have a RD8000 (72mhz) that I have owned since they first came out and I can't find my inst. when you range check THIS radio is the antenna supposed to be all the way in OR should the first or lowest section of the antenna be pulled out. I had my first problem with this radio this week and I seem to remember something in the inst. about the correct way to range check it.
Thank you Greg
Old 04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
trimcraftrc
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Range checking a RD8000

wrong login
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
mschulz531

I've got an RDS 8000 not an RD 8000 so I don't know, but I was able to find the RD8000manualonline here:

http://rcdocuments.com/file_info/dow...000_Manual.pdf

Greg, where do you fly? I recently started working in Oakbrook and I'm looking for a local field before/after work.
Best regards,
Mike Schulz

Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
gmeyer-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

We are located just off of first ave in Maywood across the street from Loyola hospital the clubs name is Checkerboard RC club.
If you are closer to 22nd street (cermack rd) go north on first ave there are 2 entrances on your right.turn left at the T if you go in the first entrance.
If you are closer to Roosevelt rd go south on first ave DO NOT TURN AT THE LIGHT (when you are on first ave) turn left at the next entrance when you are in the forest preserve turn right when the road turns into a T you will see a wooden fence and an impound box.
you woulnt happen to be the guy who tows his planes on a trailer behind a MG would you because we met at a micro car show 1an 1/2 yrs ago in Crystal lake.
I forgot to add go east on 22nd street and Roosevelt.
Greg
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 AM
ToddNicholson

Hi,

The antenna should be completely collapsed (pushed down all the way). You should have solid control about 30 paces away.

Best regards,
Todd
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 AM
mschulz531

Greg,
Thanks for the info. LOL...the guy with the MG is Paul...he's a member of our club.
I'll have to visit you sometime.
Regards,
Mike
ORIGINAL: gmeyer-RCU

We are located just off of first ave in Maywood across the street from Loyola hospital the clubs name is Checkerboard RC club.
If you are closer to 22nd street (cermack rd) go north on first ave there are 2 entrances on your right.turn left at the T if you go in the first entrance.
If you are closer to Roosevelt rd go south on first ave DO NOT TURN AT THE LIGHT (when you are on first ave) turn left at the next entrance when you are in the forest preserve turn right when the road turns into a T you will see a wooden fence and an impound box.
you woulnt happen to be the guy who tows his planes on a trailer behind a MG would you because we met at a micro car show 1an 1/2 yrs ago in Crystal lake.
I forgot to add go east on 22nd street and Roosevelt.
Greg