Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Redundant Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
aerofly0610

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redundant Receivers

Quick questions about setting up redundant receivers for the SD-10G. Iread the manual but Iam a bit fuzzy yet. Do I bind 2 receivers to the same Model number? What are the mechanics of this, transmit bind code and hit bind button on both receivers at once? Does this work for FHSS-1 and -3? How do the safety link numbers relate to using more than 1 receiver per model? Any lag time between the two? Example if Ihad 2 aileron servers on the left side, could the outboard be on receiver 1 and the inboard be on receiver 2? Or do Ineed something like a smart fly system to switch between the receivers?

Thanks!!

JH
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Chip_Mull
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redundant Receivers

I am really curious what the answer is going to be on this question. Please email me if someone jumps in with an answer.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Chip.

Although I have never felt the need for redundant receivers with Airtronics equipment I look forward to the answer.

Gaines
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
MikeGreenshields

Model Safety Number system only applies to FHSS3 receivers.

You can bind any number of receiver to the same transmitter.

So, for example. I have two receivers in my B17, one for all the servos in the fuselage and one for all the servos in the wing. This makes assembly much easier.
I have the safety model number set in the Modulation screen.
I then bound each receiver just as you always would.

Now both receivers work with that airplane.

There's no delay or lag between the receivers.
Sanwa does recommend that all of the antennas be as far apart from each other as possible. And they recommend that you complete a thorough range test from different angles to make sure your install is good.

That's it, that's all there is to it, and it works great.

Mike
Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Chip_Mull
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mike. As usual, that question and answer leads to another one or two. What is a Model Safety Number? I don't remember it but then I don't remember as much now days.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
MikeGreenshields

If you're using FHSS3 receivers, you can set a unique "model safety number" to that model. This is done in the modulation screen. So, if you try to operate an airplane with the wrong model in your transmitter, it won't work.

Missed you at Toledo.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
aerofly0610

MIke,

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.  I think when you say Model safety number, the manual calls it Safety link number.

But now you have my attention peaked!  I want to know about your B-17.  Do you have a build thread somewhere or a link to a page that has info about your build??

Thanks!!!!

JH
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok Guys you perked up my interest...

I just finished a P-38 with two receivers (8 channel), one in each nacelle with its own batteries and switching harness. I bound each Rx to the 10G and I'm not using FHS33...but the standard 2.4 gig Rx's. Only the elevator servo's are hooked up to the same flight control...all others only fly one side of the model. There is no electrical hook up with the recievers...both are solo to their side of the model. The model is using 94322 servo's all around and the retract switch is powered by a 94091 mini. Two stroke glow for power and on onboard glow.

Is this ok...or will I end up with problems with this set up ?

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80306.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1787799