Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G parts identification

Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
SRQFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default SD-10G parts identification

Arrrgh! My neckstrap broke and my SD-10G hit the ground, breaking one of the long-handle 3-position switches and the antenna sheath. While I can figure out the part number for the switch, the antenna part(s) have me baffled. It would be nice to have an exploded view with proper part numbers! I've searched the Web to no avail. Does anyone know the part numbers for the sheath and the black and silver mounting rings for it? Also, just how do these parts come apart? Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Jim
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 AM
FarrellF

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: SD-10G parts identification

An exploded view is not available. There are two parts needed to replace the antenna: the antenna itself, and the antenna cover (silver ring.)

Remove the rear and top section of the radio. If you look in the top section you will see two screws holding the antenna assembly to the top case. Remove those screws and the antenna assembly can be removed. The silver ring will not come off easily so you will need to cut it off with some side cutters. Be careful not to damage the black tube that it mounts to. Removing the antenna is also difficult, so break it apart with some side cutters. Now you can install the new antenna, silver ring, and put it all back together.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...50mm-2-4g.html
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...er-sd-10g.html

-Farrell
Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
SRQFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: SD-10G parts identification