Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Flight Modes and throttle trim

Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Modes and throttle trim

I have a couple of questions regarding a SD 10G concerning flight modes. I fly both jets and glow/gas airplanes and have just started to use flight modes. Is there any way to make the throttle common for flight modes when the aileron, elevator and rudder are set for separate trim for each flight mode? I have the flight modes coupled to a three way switch with flaps so I can trim the plane for each flap position. In other words I can trim the plane while flying for each flight mode (no flaps, partial flaps and full flaps). The problem is with the turbines they shut down when the throttle trim low and the throttle is pulled back. If I do not remember to set the throttle trim high for each flight condition the turbine shuts down on approach if I pull back to idle. This is common for approaches with turbines. Bottom line: I want to be able to adjust the trim for elevator, rudder, ailerons for each flight mode but maintain the throttle trim the same for all three flight modes. I cannot find any way to do this in the manual. Once the trim is set for separate for the flight modes it is separate for all three. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rod
Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Flight Modes and throttle trim

Yeah, digital trim for turbines is a real pain, so don't use it.

I use switches 28-29-30 to replicate the trim/Aux function.

First set all Throttle Trim Steps to 1 - unfortunately, you can't set it to zero to fully turn it off. Center thethrottle trim to 0and leave it there.

In Sw Assign set Sw 28 to TH-CUT- I also assign Button 32 to Throttle Cut as an alternative emergency off function

Set TH-HOLD to Sw 30, I also "AND" this to Sw 22 so it's only active gear down.

If you also want to use the Low Idle function of a JetCat engine, assign IDL-DOWN to Sw 22 AND 15 or whatever. I do it that way so I get a lower idle when the gear is down with full flaps.

I have TH-CUT set to -120%, IDL-Down set to -40% & TH-HOLD set to -70% all set to COM so active across all flight modes. All based on Throttle EPA set to L100% - H100%.

Your numbers may vary.

The result for JetCat is Sw 28 & 32gives throttle off at all times. SW 29 is the RUN position, and SW 30 is the higher rpm for cool down.

So move the Sw to 29 to start & run, move the Sw to 30 for cool down and back to 28 for Off and never touch the throttle trim.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flight Modes and throttle trim

I will give it a try.

Thanks

Rod