Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

RD8000 replacement case?

Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 AM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RD8000 replacement case?

I have an old rd8000 that I bought when it first came out and have over 12 rx's for it in planes that I currently fly. Over the years the plastic in the case has deteriorated and it is practically falling apart. All of the screws that hold the case together have broken mounting lugs and now my retract switch just broke out of the plastic. The batter door has been taped on for over 2 years now because of broken tabs. I have a newer rds8000 and was comparing the cases and they are almost identical. I love my rd8000 and want to get it back to new condition. Is there anyway of buying a case for the rd8000 or the rds8000 without any of the internals. If I just buy an older radio that doesn't work then I might still be in the same position with brittle plastic again.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RD8000 replacement case?

ORIGINAL: flybyjohn

I have an old rd8000 that I bought when it first came out and have over 12 rx's for it in planes that I currently fly. Over the years the plastic in the case has deteriorated and it is practically falling apart. All of the screws that hold the case together have broken mounting lugs and now my retract switch just broke out of the plastic. The batter door has been taped on for over 2 years now because of broken tabs. I have a newer rds8000 and was comparing the cases and they are almost identical. I love my rd8000 and want to get it back to new condition. Is there anyway of buying a case for the rd8000 or the rds8000 without any of the internals. If I just buy an older radio that doesn't work then I might still be in the same position with brittle plastic again.
Wow, you got your money's worth out of that radio While your are waiting for Airtronics to answer, you can look through the stuff Hobby People has listed. I found some parts you mentioned but not all.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...s8000&x=34&y=9

I would just call Airtronics customer service after the holidays and ask if they have the parts. I've been an Airtronics guy for over 30 years and have been amazed at what they can do for us.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that link. I found the case rear and case bottom but no case front. I will call them after the holidays and see if they can get me some parts. The case rear is 6.00 but out of stock, battery door about 4.00 and if case front is about 6.00 then I could have the radio back in shape for 16.00 plus shipping.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: flybyjohn

Thanks for that link. I found the case rear and case bottom but no case front. I will call them after the holidays and see if they can get me some parts. The case rear is 6.00 but out of stock, battery door about 4.00 and if case front is about 6.00 then I could have the radio back in shape for 16.00 plus shipping.
Let us know how you make out with Airtronics service.