Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Vanguard 72MHZ signal strength

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vanguard 72MHZ signal strength

I would like to know the signal strength (in dBm) required for proper functioning of the Vanguard 72 MHZ receivers 92765 and 92775, operating ppm. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
I ALSO FLY RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vanguard 72MHZ signal strength

George Steiner has performed extensive sensitivity testing on many brands of receivers. The following is a quote from his book titled A to Z Radio Control Electronic Journal. "The average R/C receiver sensitivity is between 1 to 4 microvolts for PCM, PPM, and FM, e.g., a range of -95 to -101 dBM. Having a receiver that has a sensitivity of less than 1 microvolt does nothing for being glitch free. A real hot receiver will get you in trouble as much as a receiver that has poor sensitivity."

Airtronics Technical Support