Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Have flaps work as ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:53 PM
SteveKremer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have flaps work as ailerons

Hello,

I have an RDS8000 and want to use 4 servosin the wing, 2 for flaps and two for ailerons. I would like the flaps to be ailerons as well. in other words, both flap and aileron on one wing to act as aileron, then using the flap switch, the flap to go down. I also just ordered a SD10G, so how to do this with that as well. Thanks

Steve
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I ALSO FLY RC

Default RE: Have flaps work as ailerons

In regard to using the SD-10G, it is very easy to do what you want. Call me between 1200 and 1600, Pacific Standard Time, and we can discuss how to do it using the 10G. If you have an E-mail address I can then send you 12 of the setups which I have written for the 10G.

The RDS8000 is another story. First you cannot mix Aileron Trim in the C-mixers, therefore only channels #2 and #6 would respond to Aileron Trim which is not desirable. Secondly the 3-position Flap switch which is located on the upper right side of the transmitter controls the FLAPERON action of the two Aileron Channels, e.g., #2 and #6. It will not control any other channels, such as channel #7 & #8 if those were used for the extra Aileron channels in the two C-Mixers. I recommend you forget about using the RDS8000 for this function and use the SD-10G.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
SteveKremer
My Feedback: (11)

Please send your set ups to me at [email protected]. Thanks

Steve
Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 AM
sigflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Would also love to have a copy of your setups [email protected]
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
mschulz531

Count me in as well; I'd love to know how to do these setups on my SD-10G [email protected]
Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM
wphilb
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I I could have the same please?

Whitney

[email protected]
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
ToddNicholson

If you guys can hang on a bit, I'm going to work on getting them posted on the website to download. I'll post back when they're available.

Best regards,
Todd
Team Airtronics
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 AM
ToddNicholson

Hi Guys,

SD-10GAero Setups Guide can now be downloaded from the SD-10G product page on the Airtronics website.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...-sx-sd10g.html

Download link is located in the 'Files' section of the product page in the link above.

Best regards,
Todd
Team Airtronics
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM
mschulz531

Thanks Todd, that is awesome, I'm looking forward to referencing these instructions when I setup a plane with that configuration!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: ToddNicholson

Hi Guys,

SD-10G Aero Setups Guide can now be downloaded from the SD-10G product page on the Airtronics website.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...-sx-sd10g.html

Download link is located in the 'Files' section of the product page in the link above.

Best regards,
Todd
Team Airtronics
Todd,

Thanks for putting the instructions on the website. I have all of the sheets that I got from Jack over the past years and use them often. What a great service we get from Airtronics.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 PM
MikeRuth

ORIGINAL: I ALSO FLY RC

In regard to using the SD-10G, it is very easy to do what you want. Call me between 1200 and 1600, Pacific Standard Time, and we can discuss how to do it using the 10G. If you have an E-mail address I can then send you 12 of the setups which I have written for the 10G.

The RDS8000 is another story. First you cannot mix Aileron Trim in the C-mixers, therefore only channels #2 and #6 would respond to Aileron Trim which is not desirable. Secondly the 3-position Flap switch which is located on the upper right side of the transmitter controls the FLAPERON action of the two Aileron Channels, e.g., #2 and #6. It will not control any other channels, such as channel #7 & #8 if those were used for the extra Aileron channels in the two C-Mixers. I recommend you forget about using the RDS8000 for this function and use the SD-10G.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178
Are these digital files for the TX or is this a text file explaning the setup?

If it is Text, then I'd certainly like to have a copy as well.

I'll PM my email address.

thank you,

Mike R
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
ToddNicholson

It's a printed guide explaining various setups and can be downloaded through the link I provided above. It's in PDF format, so you can print it out for easy reference.

Best regards,
Todd
Team Airtronics

Old 02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
MikeRuth

ORIGINAL: ToddNicholson

It's a printed guide explaining various setups and can be downloaded through the link I provided above. It's in PDF format, so you can print it out for easy reference.

Best regards,
Todd
Team Airtronics

Thanks Todd and to Jack,

Mike R
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
wphilb

Thanks for that service and I will download and print out from my home computer.

Is there any way to get digital files? I have the software and cable to allow saving and retrieval of digital SD-10G files and would enjoy being ale to directly import these.

Apologies for looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Whit
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM
ToddNicholson

We don't have pre-made model files that you can download, but other user's might if they're willing to share.

Best regards,
Todd
Team Airtronics
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
MikeRuth

Whit just a comment, When I got my SD-10G first thing I did was setup a bench top plane, ie RX and servo's and as I went through the manual I tried out different setups on the bench, learned a lot real quick. But more importantly I think its best if you know the program and how to adjust it if needed.

I'm not an expert but I have become the goto guy when someone needs SD-10G programing help in my community. with that I have had the oppurtunity to do some interesting setups and learn even more. Whats even more fun is to have a top glider pilot like Jim Luken, come to me and have me program his ., Makes me feel good. Now if I could just fly as good as him Working on that part...

Have a good day.

Mike R
Old 02-04-2013, 05:22 PM
wphilb

Mike,

You misunderstand, I am very familiar with the SD-10G and how to program (most) of it's functions, however I'm not to proud to look at files others have created and see how they have solved similar problems. My flap set-up programming is a departure from the "standard" method but I like it so I go with it, and the stick switch programming around flaps and retracts and throttle I use I've shared with others and they in turn have shared tweaks with me. It's a fanastic radio and I'm still learning and welcome the opportunity to learn from others with more experience than myself, which is what I think you're saying in the second part of your note.

The test plane is a good idea, I used one plane to develop a standard "template" and I've been copying that template into my new planes and trying to keep some common traits between my set-ups, in as much as is possible between some diverse planes.

Cheers,

Whit