Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

RDS8000 wont bind with RX-500's

Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
skeeter_ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RDS8000 wont bind with RX-500's

I bought two new RX-500 receivers from Hobbypeople with their 4th of july sale. I can't get either one to bind. I do just like the book says and it looks like it's binding but then nothing. I can put my old 8 channel receiver back in the plane and it works great. What am I missing here?

skeeter
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM
mschulz531

Default RE: RDS8000 wont bind with RX-500's

Check the power pins on the RX, IIRC this might be the one RX where the pins are in the "wrong" order
try reversing the orientation of the power connector and try again?
Old 07-19-2013, 05:32 PM
skeeter_ca

The connector does go in the wrong way but then nothing happens. When I put it back the original way the light lights up when it is turned on. During the binding process the light flashes like it says in the manual but then there is no servo control.

skeeter
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
skeeter_ca

Well schulz, you almost had it right. It wasn't the power pins. It was the servo connectors. I had all of them reversed. I thought I had all of them the right direction but they were backwards. I turned them all yellow lead up and it's working great. I took it down to hobby people just to see if they had any ideas and when the first guy couldn't figure it out he called in a second one and he noticed the connectors in backwards right away. Thumbs up to HobbyPeople.

skeeter
Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 AM
mschulz531

skeeter, glad you got it figured out! Nice that you could visit the local shop and get their help; a second pair (or third pair) of eyes always helps!