Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

*Airtronics SD-10G Battery Meter*

Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *Airtronics SD-10G Battery Meter*

I just installed a 2 cell, 2800 Lipo. The battery got down to 3.90 per cell but the battery meter showed no drain. It was solid black. Is the meter not going to function properly with a Lipo?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one of my SD-10's with a lipo right now at 7.5v and the graphic shows full. I always pretty much look at the voltage number next to it and ignore the graphic. For me its no big deal, I'd rather they make the timer display 10 times bigger.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Zippi

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:02 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippi
I just installed a 2 cell, 2800 Lipo. The battery got down to 3.90 per cell but the battery meter showed no drain. It was solid black. Is the meter not going to function properly with a Lipo?
The meter is going to be based on 7.2V nominal voltage for the stock NiMH pack. Your SD-10g only knows that it is receiving voltage, it doesn't know if it's from the stock battery or from a LiPo pack. If your LiPo transmitter pack is a 3.90 per cell, that's still 7.8V and still well above any area of concern for the transmitter.

I'd suspect that you'll have to get your LiPo transmitter pack down below 3.6V per cell before the meter displays anything besides full. Take Thud Driver's advice and focus on the voltage rather than the battery icon.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Zippi

Thanks