Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

10G w/10 channel Rx...RCXEL kill switch...problem

Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 10G w/10 channel Rx...RCXEL kill switch...problem

Hi,
I've a 10 channel Rx installed into a gas F6F and unable to get the RCEXL kill switch to work. I've set limits to 100% and I've the light to show when unit is on and light to go off, when unit is set to the engine kill position. I've tried everything I can think of...but the engine kill unit will not function at all.

Is there a problem with the RCEXL kill switch, interfacing with Airtronics equipment ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Hi,
I've a 10 channel Rx installed into a gas F6F and unable to get the RCEXL kill switch to work. I've set limits to 100% and I've the light to show when unit is on and light to go off, when unit is set to the engine kill position. I've tried everything I can think of...but the engine kill unit will not function at all.

Is there a problem with the RCEXL kill switch, interfacing with Airtronics equipment ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
I don't have any problems with my RCEXL kill switch on FH3. Did you set both limits to 100%? One should be at -100% the other on 100%. Check your SX MONITOR.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Bob Paris

Hay Pippin,
Thanks for the tip. I'll check my Tx and see what I have set it at on that channel. Right now my Tx is with Airtronics, getting it updated and a second rotating switch added.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a similer problem with my RDS 8000 and the 8 channel FHSS1 receiver. It would keep turning off and rebooting all the time, and I tried everything to solve it. Finnally had to get a new kill switch to solve it, I have 5 of these switchs and it was the first one to give me trouble.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Bob Paris

Ok Guys,
I still have an issue with the RCxl kill switch not working. I'm using a 10 channel Rx in my model.

I've set the RCxl kill switch into channel 8 on my Rx, and set up on my Tx on switch #28. The light goes on to indicate the engine is in run mode and the light goes off on my RCxl to indicate the engine is in the off or not run position.

I've set it at -100 & +100 per everyone's instructions...and my engine will not run with the light on or off. It should run with the light on, but does not fire up at all.

What am I doing wrong? Or do I have a bad RCxl kill switch?

Ok you Airtronic radio gurus...what's happening !

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Pippin

If the light goes on and off, there is nothing wrong with your Tx.

Something is wrong with your kill switch and/or ignitions system.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:11 PM
cap21r
My Feedback: (27)

Well I have nearly the same issue with my 10ch.

I have my electric start system set up working fine on my 8-ch and decided to change my RX over to 10-ch and now I cant get it working.
I set up a dummy channel using the 8-ch and that still works fine.
I should be AUX-3 L-100% and AUX-3 H100% .
Old 12-22-2013, 05:11 AM
cap21r

I just used another 8-ch to test my starter and it worked fine.
I'm not able to operate my electric starter on my 10-ch RX. I tried channels 8, 9,and 10 no luck.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Bob Paris

Hi Guys,
I made sure I had a minimum of 100% set on the limits for that channel. I found that unless this was set properly, nothing would work for me. I also found that to get the RcExl switch to work...you must have it set on the battery side of the system...not the pickup side of the iginition. I had mine set up wrong, and once I had the switch set into the battery side of the ignition system, it worked perfectly.

I come from my ignition battery, to the on/off switch on my model, then a "Y" connector with one side going to the digital battery voltage meter, and the other side of the "Y" connector to the RcExl switch, then out from there to my battery connection on my ignition box for the gas engine.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 12-22-2013, 12:42 PM
cap21r

I'm using a electronic relay for my electric starter. It works fine on my 8 channels.
It could be the signal as the book said some analog servos may not work on the 10ch an when I plugged a cheap 3003 servo I noticed some chatter.
I have 2 new 8-channels and the starter works fine on those just not on the 10ch.
so now I either cant use my remote starter or remove my nav lights and run with the 8 channel.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:08 PM
cap21r

Well I looked in the book on page 7 at the bottom a note says that the 10ch has a higher frame rate than the 8-ch and that analog servos may not work correctly.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Bob Paris

Hay Cap21r,
Yes the 10 channel receiver is a -3 receiver. Your -1 receivers (8 channel and those with less channels) will work just fine with your 10 channel Tx, if you program for it. I am using a -3, 10 channel receiver with my 10G Tx, and using HD1501MG servo's with out any problems. It all depends on the make of servo or system your going to use with your -3, 10 channel Rx. Some may work and some may not work. So far all my Airtronics servo's seem to work ok with my -3 Rx. I'm using 94102 and 94322's with my -3 Rx's with out a problem. I've no idea how you set up your 10G Tx and I must also admit, I'm no expert with the 10G Tx...not even close. Call Airtronics and see if one of their experts can assist you in getting what you need.

Aloha and Merry Christmas,
Bob Paris
Old 12-23-2013, 12:45 PM
cap21r

Thanks
its the frame rate on the 10-ch that's the issue.
Below comments from Airtronics.
Hello,

The FHSS-3 receivers use a higher frame rate and some items may not be able to handle it. If the channel works fine with a servo, your electric start system probably can't handle the higher frame rate.

-Farrell
Airtronics Service
18480 Bandilier Cir
Fountain Valley CA 92708
714-964-0827 ext 327