Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Airtronics 92164 rx

I have purchased a new Airtronics 92164 RX for my pattern plane which is fitted with Digital HV Servos and wanted to use this RX with my 10 Channel, but the literature that came with the RX tells me not to use a 2s RX Lipo with this receiver and I must use a voltage regulator if I want the Lipo. Now I purchased the RX with the current information which is from the Airtronics website. Here is a copy:

*All Airtronics 2.4GHz FHSS-3 aircraft receivers now have a Nominal Input Voltage Rating of 4.8v ~ 7.4v.Features and Specifications:• One-Touch Binding• Dual Receiver Antennas• High Frame Rate, Low Latency FHSS-3 Technology• Nominal Input Voltage Up to 7.4v Allows Use of 7.4 Volt Servos• Frequency/Modulation Type: 2.4GHz/FHSS-3• Nominal Input Voltage: 4.8v ~ 7.4v• Weight: .42oz (12.1gr) with Case• Dimensions: 2.05 x 0.87 x 0.48in (52.0 x 22.0 x 12.3mm)• Fail Safe Support: Yes (All Channels Programmable)• Receiver Battery Voltage Fail Safe: Yes (3.8v ~ 4.6v Adjustable)*This receiver has a Nominal Input Voltage rating of 4.8v ~ 7.4v, therefore, it can be powered using a 4 Cell to 6 Cell Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery pack, or a 2S Li-Po or 2S A123/Li-Fe battery pack. DO NOT USE A 3S Li-Po BATTERY PACK!
    *When using a 2S Li-Po battery pack you should NOT use servos rated for 4.8 or 6.0 volts, otherwise damage to your servos could occur. In this case, use high voltage 7.4 volt servos.

Would really like to know for sure. Thanks in advance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Lazer,

All FH3 aircraft receivers have a nominal input voltage of 4.8 to 7.4 volts, so yes, you can use 2S LiPo without a regulator. The information on the website is up to date.

Best regards,
    Todd
    Team Airtronics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks Todd. How many amps can you run through the RX. I'm only running 4 Digital HV minis. What would be a way of simulating a max current draw situation?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Lazer,

The receiver can handle about 10 amps. I don't think that 4 digital servos, even stalled, would damage the receiver before the servos failed.

Best regards,
    Todd