Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics Rx crystal question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Starbase47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Rx crystal question

Hi... I have a question about receiver crystals (I'm still learning...).
Are all 72 mhz airtronics rx crystals interchangable ... that is will they work in FM and PCM receivers?
And, is there any precautions to use when changing a receiver crystal to match the transmitter being used?

I have a lot of Airtronics 72mhz equipment that I'd like to be able to continue to use.

I appreciate any info you may be able to provide.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
I ALSO FLY RC

Tom:

In regard to Airtronics crystals, our 72 MHz dual conversion receiver crystals have a Yellow cap on them for identification. FM and PCM dual conversion receiver crystals are identical. You can normally change the receiver crystal from plus or minus six channels without any degradation. If you exceed that amount of channels then it is wise to have the receiver tuned to the transmitter. Obviously it is desirable to perform a range test after any frequency change. You should be able to achieve a minimum of 150 feet range with the antenna fully collapsed without any servo jitter...... Service on all 72 MHz equipment is now performed by Radio South, Tony Stillman. Tony is located in Brunswick, GA 31525, phone number 912-242-2426.
If you have further questions please call us.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178
Old 12-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Starbase47

Thank you... I appreciate the information.

Tom