Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Airtronics Rx crystal question

Hi... I have a question about receiver crystals (I'm still learning...).
    Are all 72 mhz airtronics rx crystals interchangable ... that is will they work in FM and PCM receivers?
    And, is there any precautions to use when changing a receiver crystal to match the transmitter being used?

I have a lot of Airtronics 72mhz equipment that I'd like to be able to continue to use.

I appreciate any info you may be able to provide.

Thanks,

Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Tom:

In regard to Airtronics crystals, our 72 MHz dual conversion receiver crystals have a Yellow cap on them for identification. FM and PCM dual conversion receiver crystals are identical. You can normally change the receiver crystal from plus or minus six channels without any degradation. If you exceed that amount of channels then it is wise to have the receiver tuned to the transmitter. Obviously it is desirable to perform a range test after any frequency change. You should be able to achieve a minimum of 150 feet range with the antenna fully collapsed without any servo jitter...... Service on all 72 MHz equipment is now performed by Radio South, Tony Stillman. Tony is located in Brunswick, GA 31525, phone number 912-242-2426.
    If you have further questions please call us.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    800-262-1178

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thank you... I appreciate the information.

Tom