Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

calibrate the gimbals

Old 08-10-2016, 01:28 PM
tamanduarj

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Unhappy calibrate the gimbals

Hi folks
Have a RDS8000 that needs calibrate the gimbals
My dog chewed on the aleiron/elevators and some fixing tabs got broken (plastic blue parts)
In order to fix it I had to remove the potentiometers and now, with the new parts, I need to put then back in place.

How the calibration procedure is done?

Do I need to use a oscilloscope, a software from Artroonics , or the tx have some internal maintenance menu where I could do it?

Cant send it to a Artronics service center , the only one for South America is at Florida and the price to send it plus serves fees and insurance is higher the the price of a new one

Best regards
Old 10-13-2018, 11:54 AM
EloyM@twc.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

FOR EACH CHANNEL: Set the trim and stick at center. Loosen the set screw for the pot, and set the pot to servo neutral. Tighten set screw.
Where in S. America are you. EloyM@twc.com
Old 10-16-2018, 01:20 PM
tamanduarj

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by EloyM@twc.com View Post
FOR EACH CHANNEL: Set the trim and stick at center. Loosen the set screw for the pot, and set the pot to servo neutral. Tighten set screw.
Where in S. America are you. EloyM@twc.com
Hi Eloy. I am at Brazil. Thanks for your help. What I really wanted was to enter the tx set-up menu. I gave up using my Airtronics and brought a FrSky Taranis.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:20 PM
EloyM@twc.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If the original pot settings have been moved more than a degree or two, the setup menu would not make the necessary adjustments. You will need to physically reset them, as previously described. Will only take tenor so minutes, and will not need a scope, only the receiver and a servo known to have a correct center.
I have been to brazil many times, to Rio and Sugarloaf, Corcobado, Copabana, etc. Also have been to Porto Alegre and Recife. Love you Guarana, unfortunately we can not get it here in Californai. It can be ordered from Florida, but the shipping cost is way too high. Obrigado, suerte! Eloy