Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

*Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz*

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz*

ORIGINAL: fcomer84

Hmmmm? Bad gimble wires, a misprint in the RX manual, and no alert to the consumer! Sounds like a Toyota coverup!
LMAO
Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
rcbatteries
Banned

We are a professional manufacturer of RC battery. which is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the production of Ni-MH, Lithium polymer batteries , all kinds of extension cable and adapter .Our products are mainly used for toys, model aircrafts, ship models, nautical models, electric tools, military products, and other fields.

We measure the parameters of each cell precisely and try to make the targets of cells the same. These lengthen the cycle life of Power battery effectively. Besides, we use special technology in matching which reduce the internal impedance between cells and make the efficiency to the maximum. The battery can be also fit for the discharge of high-current. The products have gained a good reputation for its excellent quality and high performance in the relevant fields. Especially the newly launched Race Series <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="35" unitname="C">35C</chmetcnv> Continuous Discharge Rate of high power lithium polymer batteries. Its introduction into the market has been widely recognized. Our products sales volumes are risen sharply.

Our company now launches the G4 packs, they are our latest products which have higher performance and more reasonable price. The G4 packs are made of a new Hybrid construction technology, super-fine substrate materials, and final cell matching process, which all guarantee you not only this superb performance, but also tightly balanced and long-lasting packs. The batteries can be safely charged up to <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="5" unitname="C">5C</chmetcnv> rate, which means the charge will be completed in 20 minutes. They will be your best choice when you checked them out.

If you are interested we could sell them derict to you ,save trading and fast shipping!!For any inquiries please feel free to contact with me

Changchun Hobby-Tec Technology Co.,Ltd

Adds: 13# <place><city>Huiwen Road Nanguan District Changchun City Jilin Province</city> ,<country-region>China</country-region></place>

Telephone: +86-431-85367979

Fax:      +86-431-85369822

Website  : http://epbattery.en.alibaba.com

Skype on line epbatteryex

Msn [email protected]

Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Pippin

...there is a large brake pedal next to the accelerator.

But there is an inverse-polarity protection anyway.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Heli_Flight

ORIGINAL: dropstick

thankyou i am looking to go to at least a 7 channel radio and was looking at the rds 8000 but i have 5 ar6000's. guess ill bite the bullet and empty the wallet on a dx7.

While selling an ar6000 on ebay a buyer requested three and wanted to buy for $90.00 including S&H.
If you like I can fwd his e-mail and you can contact him. You could always list them and get some money back.

Regards,
Heli_Flight
Old 03-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Heli_Flight

ORIGINAL: Yellow Crow

OK Guys, I need HELP, and I thought that this is what this forum is about !!I have had my RDS 8000 sys for about a year, and just now getting around to using it. I have installed it in a Blade 400, so you heli guys help me. Problem....The blade has a 120 degree swash with elevator on front. All my cyclic control movements are correct(left is left, right is right, forward and back okay). HOWEVER when I increase throttle stick, pitch is backwards, ie stick up I get neg pitch, stick down, I get pos pitch.Is there ANY way to reverse the collective on this radio? Thanks in advance,Jim

Just Read your question. Also I read your most recent post: About you having called customer service, and all being squared away.

When I 1st ran the radio I had the same situation. I simply has changed the PH and PL settings. What was the adice that customer service had given reverse the servo or change pitch curve?

Regards,
Heli_Flight

ps.
If you need help with setting up your heli you could always send a pm my way. Happy flying!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 AM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

I shot off a PM to Mike Greenshields regarding the wiring problem with the RDS8000.  I explained that my radio is new and has not gone beyond the flight control rigging on my new Tiger 60. 
He answered overnight.  His response was very clear and simple.  He explained that the wiring to the aileron gimble should have no tension when moving full travel in any direction.  That should be simple enough to check.  I will look it over sometime over the next few days and get back to this thread with my report.  Thanks for the quick response Mike.  It was very much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
trustwho54

ORIGINAL: ohnoucdat

gasrchobbyengines

Have you contacted airtronics? I had a battery issue with mine straight out of the box, I didn't have any luck with them directly, but thankfully I bought threw Tower, and was going to return it. Tower ended up contacting them, and in a few days I had new battery. If you haven't tried to contact airtronics give it a try, try Global, try Hobby People, all of them see if they can help. I like my RDS, specially with the new springs I just installed. I haven't had a minutes trouble out of mine since I got a replacement battery. I've got 6 planes on it right now
I have started reading this thread becouse of having problems with the RDS8000 radio I bought.

I see in this thread where the makers of the RDS8000 ADMITto the radios have failures, they know it, they admit to knowing it. Yet I have yet to find ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, that they have issued a RECALL, or any kind of a warning to let the end user KNOWthat the radio HASAFAILUREISSUE!!

And as you stated above you have 6 planes flying on the JUNK RDS8000 radio, and this KNOWINGit WILLFAIL???

My Question here is DOYOUCAREATALL<there is a GOODchance someone could get killed by your 6 planes when the RDS8000 FAILS and 1 of your 6 planes goes crashing into them or their cars???? Or even the simple fact your plane will get destroyed when the RDS8000 fails???

Or do you even care that it can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars to replace the plane when it crashes?????
Old 03-12-2010, 10:45 AM
trustwho54

ORIGINAL: stevenmax50

I shot off a PM to Mike Greenshields regarding the wiring problem with the RDS8000. I explained that my radio is new and has not gone beyond the flight control rigging on my new Tiger 60.
He answered overnight. His response was very clear and simple. He explained that the wiring to the aileron gimble should have no tension when moving full travel in any direction. That should be simple enough to check. I will look it over sometime over the next few days and get back to this thread with my report. Thanks for the quick response Mike. It was very much appreciated.
Has Mike or the makers of the RDS8000 issued a recall of the radios??? or even issued a service bulliten???? or done ANYTHINGto warns the end users of this KNOWNISSUE???????
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
kq4ra

One mans junk is another mans treasure
Old 03-12-2010, 10:56 AM
trustwho54

ORIGINAL: kq4ra

You are right.

It just seems like the right thing to do would be to find a way to warn the buyers and end users of the KNOWNFAILURESTHESEradios have. Then give them the choice of taking the chance on loosing their plane, or something being damaged by the KNOWNissues.

The makers and sellers could just step up to the plate, and DOTHEHONESTTHING.

I wander what a prop would do to someone turning even a few thousand rpms on one of the planes that was being flown by one of these RDS8000 radios, would doif it hit them when one of the radios failed???
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 AM
dhillfolk
My Feedback: (195)

ORIGINAL: trustwho54

You are right.

It just seems like the right thing to do would be to find a way to warn the buyers and end users of the KNOWN FAILURES THESE radios have. Then give them the choice of taking the chance on loosing their plane, or something being damaged by the KNOWN issues.

The makers and sellers could just step up to the plate, and DO THE HONEST THING.

I wander what a prop would do to someone turning even a few thousand rpms on one of the planes that was being flown by one of these RDS8000 radios, would do if it hit them when one of the radios failed???
I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread, can anyone list the actual failures you are referring to ?My problem w/ the the 7ch RX & its incorrect instructions I don't consider a system failure but I have some expensive giant scale planes & would like to know of legitimate failures that have occurred .

Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
stevenmax50

I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread, can anyone list the actual failures you are referring to ?My problem w/ the the 7ch RX & its incorrect instructions I don't consider a system failure but I have some expensive giant scale planes & would like to know of legitimate failures that have occurred .

[/quote]

Ialso cannot wade thru 88 pages to find 2 or 3 legitimate and current concerns. Its not just the time involved. Its having the ability to accuratly interpret everyones posting.

So this posting is for Mike Greenshields. You seem to be the man with the answers. Could you give us summery of anything we need to be aware of? Im sure you can see the frustration some guys are feeling. So far Ireally like my RDS8000. Iwould much rather identify potential issues now and take care of them beforeI "kill" somebody.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Pippin

...I think he already gave his statement.

To paint the sky black and put fear into the mind of fellow modelers is the wrong solution to a none existing problem. Some modelers used some of there equipent a long time extensively and faced operating failures. If you run a piston engine in a copule of 1000s bucks plane for a very long time and the main bearing fails finally you might lose it. Furthermore, interpreting dead and caos into such case might be enjoyable to few but not all.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:55 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

[quote]ORIGINAL: trustwho54

ORIGINAL: ohnoucdat

gasrchobbyengines

Have you contacted airtronics? I had a battery issue with mine straight out of the box, I didn't have any luck with them directly, but thankfully I bought threw Tower, and was going to return it. Tower ended up contacting them, and in a few days I had new battery. If you haven't tried to contact airtronics give it a try, try Global, try Hobby People, all of them see if they can help. I like my RDS, specially with the new springs I just installed. I haven't had a minutes trouble out of mine since I got a replacement battery. I've got 6 planes on it right now
I have started reading this thread becouse of having problems with the RDS8000 radio I bought.

I see in this thread where the makers of the RDS8000 ADMIT to the radios have failures, they know it, they admit to knowing it. Yet I have yet to find ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, that they have issued a RECALL, or any kind of a warning to let the end user KNOW that the radio HAS A FAILURE ISSUE!!

And as you stated above you have 6 planes flying on the JUNK RDS8000 radio, and this KNOWING it WILL FAIL???

My Question here is DO YOU CARE AT ALL
Old 03-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Planeclothes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: trustwho54

You are right.

It just seems like the right thing to do would be to find a way to warn the buyers and end users of the KNOWN FAILURES THESE radios have. Then give them the choice of taking the chance on loosing their plane, or something being damaged by the KNOWN issues.

The makers and sellers could just step up to the plate, and DO THE HONEST THING.

I wander what a prop would do to someone turning even a few thousand rpms on one of the planes that was being flown by one of these RDS8000 radios, would do if it hit them when one of the radios failed???
I think the honest thing to do is to tell us EXACTLY what your demand for a recall is founded on.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:15 AM
kq4ra

We don't live in a perfect world. It all began in the Garden.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:36 AM
fcomer84

I'm sorry, I must have missed where stevenmax50 "demanded a recall". However, I must agree with him that a service bulletin should be issued for the gimble wires breaking on some TX's OR for the supplied battery charger that shuts off too early. The automotive industry sends out TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) all the time! JR/Spektrum and Futaba sent out their fair share advising of problems far worse than Airtronics has experienced. Those of us here reading about the problems know what is happening on some units being used. What about those folks that have them and do not stay on RCU reading this stuff??
Airtronics : Come up with a plan and post/send the TSB's! In the long run, you end up looking like a real "we care about our customer" manufacturer$$$
Old 03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: fcomer84

I'm sorry, I must have missed where stevenmax50 ''demanded a recall''. However, I must agree with him that a service bulletin should be issued for the gimble wires breaking on some TX's OR for the supplied battery charger that shuts off too early. The automotive industry sends out TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) all the time! JR/Spektrum and Futaba sent out their fair share advising of problems far worse than Airtronics has experienced. Those of us here reading about the problems know what is happening on some units being used. What about those folks that have them and do not stay on RCU reading this stuff??
Airtronics : Come up with a plan and post/send the TSB's! In the long run, you end up looking like a real ''we care about our customer'' manufacturer$$$
fcomer84,
You misread the post. 'Planeclothes' along with myself and at least a few other posters were responding to 'trustwho54' 's 3 posts were he is saying he has had multiple problems with the radio and that it is a "piece of junk" with "known system failures". We were just asking him to clarify what problems he has been having since he failed to mention them and to elaborate on the "known system failures". 'stevenmax50' never demanded a recall. When JR and Horizon issued the recall on it's X9303 2.4 when it first came out for the gimbal wire problem it seemed to be fairly widespread on many radios. I have been searching on this site and RCG for the gimbal wire problem on the RDS8000 and unless I'm doing something wrong I have only been able to find 4 reports on it and this radio has been on the market for 2 years!! Perhaps Airtronics feels the number of reported wire problems are too low to issue a service bulletin??
Old 03-14-2010, 12:41 PM
fcomer84

I did misread what is going on.
I'll bet you are right... so few problems there is no need to TSB. That is a PLUS. Mine has been flawless and I am well pleased with it. The reason I bought it was because of all the positive things I read HERE!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 PM
dhillfolk
My Feedback: (195)

I too did a bit of research on this system prior to purchase mainly in RCG w/ no negatives & only recently found this thread but have had no problems except for the frustrating faulty instructions w/ the 7 ch RX.
Formerly a JR user, this is my first venture w/ Airtronics whereby several long time clubmember users gave me thumbs up w/ thier 72 mg expirences.
In a forum in RCG (this format won't accept its title ??) there was recent mention of the RDS8000 as being "the sleeper" in available 2.4 systems for its quality & price-another positive.
If nothing else, Sanwa proved the successfull design & manufacture of 2.4 systems does not justify the inflated prices for the latest RC technology others are generating.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Pippin

Right.

In a recent review of one of the newest Futaba radios, the new "wirefree" gimbals were noted. Even in extensivley used Futabas a wire could break. Recalls?
The whole industry is moving forward to better solutions. Look into the Airtronics SD10 or Futaba 12FG.

Btw, I am still waiting for a recall issued by one of the best car makers. The Turbo charged engine died after 250.000 miles on the clock due to a rotten intake valve. The turbo charger swallowed the rest I think someting was wrong with the valve I want to get a recall
Old 03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: Pippin

Right.

In a recent review of one of the newest Futaba radios, the new ''wirefree'' gimbals were noted. Even in extensivley used Futabas a wire could break. Recalls?
The whole industry is moving forward to better solutions. Look into the Airtronics SD10 or Futaba 12FG.

Btw, I am still waiting for a recall issued by one of the best car makers. The Turbo charged engine died after 250.000 miles on the clock due to a rotten intake valve. The turbo charger swallowed the rest I think someting was wrong with the valve I want to get a recall
only 250000>?!?!?!?! DANG!! you shoudl get ya money back AND at LEAST twice more as compensation!!!

oh..there were only three reports of the gimbal wire breaking...I was neglectful and did not report mine, just repaired it.....and then bought an SD10-G as well
Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

I too recently purchased an SD 10G. I did so on the strength of the service I have received from my RDS 8000. It has performed flawlessly for me.
I am expecting the same from the SD 10G. I was a Futaba user for over 30 years. When I began looking into 2.4 I found the Airtronics to be a much
better value for the money. So far, I have not been disappointed.

Steve
Old 03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
nmav8r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also was a Futaba user for over 30 years and went to the RDS8000 because of the price.So far I'am very satisfied with the RDS8000.I like the SD-10G but I don't need all the gadgets so I'll get another RDS8000
Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: nmav8r

I also was a Futaba user for over 30 years and went to the RDS8000 because of the price.So far I'am very satisfied with the RDS8000.I like the SD-10G but I don't need all the gadgets so I'll get another RDS8000
It is amazing to see how many people are moving from JR and Futaba to Airtronics. I love their radios and am extremely happy with the SD10-g.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.