Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Kraft servo adapter for Airtonics z

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:02 PM
craigm1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft servo adapter for Airtonics z

I have an old trainer plane that has Kraft electronics in it. I'd like to fly it instead of having it sit but I want to change the receiver over to airtronics so I can use my RD8000 radio. Does anyone know how I can change the plugs on the servos or get adapters to use an airtronics receiver? I'll settle for the old airtronics or the new z connecter.
Another solution would be to change the crystal in it to channel 16 (my RD8000 should be able to communicate with the Kraft receiver) and put a new battery in it, but I don't know where to find a crystal (and I have to change the battery connector).
Thanks,
Craig
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Kraft servo adapter for Airtonics z

Craig-
I think the smartest solution is to replace the Kraft servos with Airtronics. Any adaptors would cost a significant portion of new, modern servos. Even though the Krafts may be functional, any new bottom-of-the-line name brand servos will outperform any top-of-the-line servos from the 60s and 70s.
And since the Krafts aren't new, why bother to trust them? Sell 'em on fleabay.
-Ron

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/474103.asp
Old 08-07-2010, 04:58 PM
gzkpez

Most Kraft servos will work with a new receiver, even a 2.4 one. Kraft wire is red is plus, black is negative; and usually orange is signal. If their is a fourth white wire the you have a very old 4 wire one and the wire is for a battery central tap; it would be much harder to use them and I would not recommend it. The pulse with for kraft servos was 1.4 except for their sport line. They can easily be re centered if it is to far off. You need a very tiny screw driver.

You will need to put new connectors on the wires, I do not think anyone has adapters available. The servos are old so check them out.

Changing your RD8000 would only work if your Kraft receiver is a FM one. Most were AM, FMs are marked as such.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 PM
craigm1
My Feedback: (1)

grotto2 and gzkpez: thanks for the info. I'll check the receiver and see if it is AM or FM. If AM, then I'll change it over to one of my Airtronics receivers. I'm going to see how the servos are, and if they seem to work ok, I may stick with them and just change over the plugs. The plane is an old trainer so it's not under a lot of stress.
Thanks again,
Craig