Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SD-10G charging

Can I use a different charger (other than the one which comes with the radio) to charge my TX?
    I have a Hobbico Accu-cycle that I have used with other transmitters in the past, and I was hoping that I could set it up for an overnight charge at 1/10C and use it on my SD-10G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SD-10G charging

nozzler,

I used my Hobbico Accu-cycle when I first got my SD-10G to cycle the battery 5 times. Now I just use the wall wart unless I need a quick charge at the field.
    "It Ain't Lookin Good"
    http://www.evansvillercclub.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That should be fine, as long as you keep the charge rate to 1/10C. If you want to use a higher charge rate the battery should be removed. Using a high charge rate has the potential to damage the circuitry in the transmitter. Also, if you want to peak charge and/or cycle the battery, the battery should be removed to do that.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd N
    Airtronics Support

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ToddNicholson

That should be fine, as long as you keep the charge rate to 1/10C. If you want to use a higher charge rate the battery should be removed. Using a high charge rate has the potential to damage the circuitry in the transmitter. Also, if you want to peak charge and/or cycle the battery, the battery should be removed to do that.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd N
    Airtronics Support
    I remove my battery if I am charging it with anything but the included wall charger. However, I just went to a 2100mah 2S 7.4V lipo and I hardly ever charge, but when I do I remove it. The way they got the battery cover hinged it is just so easy, great design.
    Jeff Williams
    Extreme Flight RC, www.bandegraphix.com, team Airtronics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have noticed that the charger indicator does not turn green after a 24hr charge and the battery is fully charged, Have the chargers in the later units been changed
    so they no longer indicate green?
    Ira d

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On the new charger, the light no longer changes color, it stays red. The new charger is faster and you should not charge for more than 12 hours.
    Airtronics Customer Service