Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still Looking for an answer!!! RDS as buddy box to RD

I have an Airtronics RD8000 (72mhz) that I want to use as the master transmitter with an Airtronics RDS8000 (2.4 ghz) as the slave (Trainer box) here is the problem I am having. in the manual, it states that everything on both transmitters have to be set the same, including Modulation, and that's where I am having the problem. the Master transmitter (RD8000 / 72mhz) has Modulation settings (in this case, PPR Modulation), where as the Trianer / slave (RDS8000 2.4gHz) has no modulation settings. can I not use the RDS as the trainer/slave to the RD? I have plugged them in together, and when the trainer button is pressed on the RD8000 master, I am getting no response from the RDS8000 trainer. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong, or is this just not possible?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Craig.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #10
    Revver Bro #263
    Tiger Club #26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Still Looking for an answer!!! RDS as buddy box to RD

Bueller.......... Bueller.......... Anyone............. Anyone.............

JK..

Bump..

Thanks, Craig.
    Revver Bro #263
    Tiger Club #26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Service is double checking this and will get back to you asap.
    Mike Greenshields - Product Manager
    Airtronics - Global Hobby Distributors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig:

There should not be any problem using the RD8000 as the Master and the RDS8000 as the Slave so long as both transmitters have identical setups, are IN or Out of BASIC, and your Modulation in the RD8000 is set to PPM for an Airtronics receiver. You also must use our part number 97100 Master/Trainer cable. The Slave transmitter switch should always be turned off since the Master supplies the power to the Slave transmitters encoder. You really do not even need a battery in the Slave transmitter, so it can be removed to make it lighter when in the M/T type mode of operation. If you still cannot get proper operation please call us and we can discuss and solve the problem. AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT 800-262-1178

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, Mike and I also Fly RC for your help!

I thought I had both set up identically, including Basic mode (I think) but I will re-check them, and let you know what I find out.

One thing I just noticed on your last post tho... I have no Airtronics Receivers. I am using a Futaba Rx. I know that the RD8000 is set up for the Futaba rx, because it was running all the control surfaces, but when I would press the trainer button on the RD8K, the RDS would do nothing (Nor would the RD for that matter), until I released the Trainer button, then the RD would start working again! but since it's not an ATX RX, would that make difference? also, the Futaba is a negative Shift RX, and I have the RD8K set for that!

(1 hour later!)

Re-check done..

I just re-checked both transmitters, and they are both set as follows: Basic mode - on; RST - 0

just to make it easy, I went through the settings of both transmitters, and everything is set the same.. Down to and including centering, dual rates, etc.

I will call service when I am able to get off of work and home in time to call during your normal hours of operation!!

I am using a brand new out of the package ATX 97100 cable.

Thanks, Craig.

Revver Bro #263
    Tiger Club #26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig:

If you want to buddy box the two transmitters together you must use an Airtronics receiver. If you are using a Futaba receiver your master transmitter is modulating negative shift and the RDS8000 is modulating positive shift, therefore, it will not work. Both modulations must be the same. You cannot change the RDS8000 modulation. It will always be positive shift!
    Please call us if you need further information. AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT 800-262-1178

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I Also Fly RC,

Well, there you have it...  Thanks for the info.   I guess I need to use my other radio systems..  although for the price of a new 72mHz rx, I could probably spend a few extra dollars and get a 5 ch 2.4 gHz  rx and run the 72 as the slave, and the rds as the master!!!  Something to think about..

Thanks for the info!!   

Craig.
    Revver Bro #263
    Tiger Club #26