Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G charging

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
nozzler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD-10G charging

Can I use a different charger (other than the one which comes with the radio) to charge my TX?
I have a Hobbico Accu-cycle that I have used with other transmitters in the past, and I was hoping that I could set it up for an overnight charge at 1/10C and use it on my SD-10G.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SD-10G charging

nozzler,

I used my Hobbico Accu-cycle when I first got my SD-10G to cycle the battery 5 times. Now I just use the wall wart unless I need a quick charge at the field.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:18 PM
ToddNicholson

That should be fine, as long as you keep the charge rate to 1/10C. If you want to use a higher charge rate the battery should be removed. Using a high charge rate has the potential to damage the circuitry in the transmitter. Also, if you want to peak charge and/or cycle the battery, the battery should be removed to do that.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd N
Airtronics Support
Old 08-31-2010, 11:51 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: ToddNicholson

That should be fine, as long as you keep the charge rate to 1/10C. If you want to use a higher charge rate the battery should be removed. Using a high charge rate has the potential to damage the circuitry in the transmitter. Also, if you want to peak charge and/or cycle the battery, the battery should be removed to do that.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Todd N
Airtronics Support
I remove my battery if I am charging it with anything but the included wall charger. However, I just went to a 2100mah 2S 7.4V lipo and I hardly ever charge, but when I do I remove it. The way they got the battery cover hinged it is just so easy, great design.
Jeff Williams
Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have noticed that the charger indicator does not turn green after a 24hr charge and the battery is fully charged, Have the chargers in the later units been changed
so they no longer indicate green?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
ChrisVerano

On the new charger, the light no longer changes color, it stays red. The new charger is faster and you should not charge for more than 12 hours.