Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FLAPE Function

I really thought I was getting somewhere when I found the flape function & turned it on even the flaps worked O-sh servos
    need reversed ,did that & god bless the flaps deploy UP. tryed to reverse at the flaperon function that messed up the ailerons
    (work together don't oppose )can this be fixed & how.

bill teller

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FLAPE Function

Bill:

You did not indicate what transmitter you are using; however, if you have an RD8000 or RDS8000 maybe this will help. If you have made FLAPE ACTive in the etc menu, then channels #2 (Left Aileron) and #6 (Right Aileron) are your Aileron channels. The three position switch located on the top right of the transmitter controls the Flaperon function. When the switch is all the way towards you the Ailerons should be neutral. When pushed in the half position away from you the Ailerons should deploy down to the half Flaperon position. When pushed all the way from you then you have full Flaperons. The amount of Flaperon deflection is determined by the Channel #6 EPA. The amount of servo throw for both Channel #2 and #6 Aileron servos is determined by the Aileron Channel EPA. Servo reversing is controlled by the individual Aileron channels. If per chance you have a model with actual Flaps as well as Ailerons and want to use the 3-position switch to control the Flaps, then you must make FLAPE INH, and use a "Y" harness for both Aileron servos. If you need any further information , please call us. AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT 800-262-1178