RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Airtronics Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/)
-   -   SD10G Service Bullitin - Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/10231414-sd10g-service-bullitin-service.html)

coupar 01-01-2011 06:24 AM

SD10G Service Bullitin - Service

Never had a problem with my SD10G - very pleased with the radio and the Airtronics line in general. Glad I switched vendors.

I was obviously disappointed on the SD10G Service bullitin but I applaud Airtronics for fessing up and making it right.

I sent my radio in Dec 17th and was pleasantly surprised to receive it back on the 30th (I live on the east coast). Considering there were two weekends and a major holiday in between there, I would say that was pretty impressive service.

I never knew I had a problem but Airtronics fixed it anyway and in quick time. That's service!

To the gang at Airtronics - Thanks folks!

ToddNicholson 01-05-2011 04:45 PM

RE: SD10G Service Bullitin - Service

Hi Coupar,

Thanks for the kind words.

Take care,
Todd
Team Airtronics

maukaonyx 02-15-2011 10:24 AM

I bought mine Dec 20 and haven't even used it yet. It's going in a new 50cc Ultimate that is almost assembled, and I was getting to the radio installation when I came across another thread about the recall of the 10G. Naturally my SN falls withiin the ranges needing the fix. Airtronics makes it sound free, but it still cost me nearly $15 at the PO today to send it parcel post and insured. While I give Airtronics credit for fixing and shipping it back free, they should also pay for shipping it to them! I know, small price to pay to keep a plane safe, but if it's so small, Airtronics should pay it. Jon

MikeGreenshields 02-15-2011 11:05 AM

You missed the part about the dates. If you bought it new AFTER the date, regardless of serial number, you do not need to send it in.

Mike

maukaonyx 02-15-2011 03:55 PM

Mike, the service bulletin and PDF file that I found (http://www.airtronics.net/SD10GSB-11-17-2010) don't say anything about purchase after a certain date. Thus, I sent it in. Jon

MikeRuth 02-16-2011 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

You missed the part about the dates. If you bought it new AFTER the date, regardless of serial number, you do not need to send it in.

Mike
I'd have to agree with Maukonyx on the date issue. I took a look at the Airtronics website this morning and there is nothing mentioned about a purchase date that would make the radio fall into an (already updated) class of units.
I'd assume thier website should be the official news on the subject.

Mike R

MikeGreenshields 02-16-2011 09:04 AM

That is an oversight. I am sorry about the confusion. We'll update that information asap

IF your radio was purchased after the notice date from Hobby People or Global, your radio has already been updated.

Thank you for pointing this out. I truly thought it had been in the information on the website.

Mike

Jetdesign 02-22-2011 08:07 AM

So I have only a Lipo battery for my radio. I'd like to pull it out before sending it in. Will I lose any settings if the radio has no battery for a few weeks?

Also, any suggestions on how to pack this thing for shipping? I'm a little nervous about shipping damage.

Thanks.

MikeRuth 02-22-2011 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

So I have only a Lipo battery for my radio. I'd like to pull it out before sending it in. Will I lose any settings if the radio has no battery for a few weeks?

Also, any suggestions on how to pack this thing for shipping? I'm a little nervous about shipping damage.

Thanks.
You will not loose your settings, they are stored in FLASH memory.

If you don't have the original box then get a box that will be approximately 2 inches lareger all around the TX.
Wrap the TX in some bubble wrap and then put a small layer of POPCORN (styrofoam chunks) on the bottom, place it in and then fill with POPCORN full, seal it well and mark it clearly.

Mike R

Jetdesign 02-22-2011 12:24 PM

Thanks Mike.