RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Airtronics Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/)
-   -   RDS8000 shows "ID_UP" on screen, no response (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/11635825-rds8000-shows-id_up-screen-no-response.html)

Rodney 01-19-2017 01:44 PM

RDS8000 shows "ID_UP" on screen, no response

All of a sudden, when I turn on my RDS8000, the screen shows "ID_UP" and no combination of switch setting, button pushing or anything will allow control of the screen or any functions. I can not find any thing relative to this in the instructions or how to regain control of the transmitter/screen. Battery is fully charged and the system was working normally a few minutes before. I had turned the transmitter off and then when I turned it back on I got the ID_UP on the screen. Help please.

BelAirBob 01-19-2017 02:45 PM

Hi Rodney

This is a long shot, but I had something similar happen with a JR radio one time. The clock battery was dead. I have an RDS8000 too and don't know if it has a small battery to keep the programs etc. if the big battery is removed or died.

As you may have read elsewhere, Airtronics is pretty much gone. I think I read that someone else is going to distribute as Sanwa, but no telling. I have pretty much retired my RDS and gone with Spektrum as the support is great, I love the BNF planes and the programming is easy. Plus, the antenna on mine kept breaking and I love the fixed one on the new Spektrums

Let us know what you find as there are a lot of RDS8000's out there. Too bad they did not catch on better

bob

Rodney 01-20-2017 11:25 AM

Bob, I removed the back of the transmitter and can not find any battery. Are you sure there is one in there? Could not spot any anomalies or faults inside the Xmtr. I had already started using other brands, I particularly like the Tactic 850 and heartily recommend it to anyone who will be satisfied with an 8 channel radio. It just that I hate to lose a working radio as the Airtronics was plus I have two of the FHSS receivers for the Airtronics that are now useless to me. Anyway thanks for the suggestion even though it did not pan out for me. Rodney

BelAirBob 01-20-2017 05:19 PM

Nope, not sure if there is a clock battery but if there is, it will be small. But usually someone will respond to a problem. There was a guy named Mike Greenshields who was connected to Airtronics who fielded questions on RCU. He may find your question and give you an answer.

Rodney 01-22-2017 06:15 AM

I feel quite stupid now, I found out that this indicates one of the helicopter functions. If I make sure both right and left hand switches at the top of the transmitter are forward, I can get out of this mode. Somehow, I had gotten into Heli mode. Maybe I'm just dense but I think the instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired. Any way a problem that really did not exist is solved.

TheDocSA1 09-03-2017 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 12297990)
Bob, I removed the back of the transmitter and can not find any battery. Are you sure there is one in there? Could not spot any anomalies or faults inside the Xmtr. I had already started using other brands, I particularly like the Tactic 850 and heartily recommend it to anyone who will be satisfied with an 8 channel radio. It just that I hate to lose a working radio as the Airtronics was plus I have two of the FHSS receivers for the Airtronics that are now useless to me. Anyway thanks for the suggestion even though it did not pan out for me. Rodney

Hi Rodney, if you have no use for the Airtronics receivers, I sure could use them. I run a program for incarcerated youth in South Africa