Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

has the ama ever help you

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

has the ama ever help you

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 02:25 PM
CKLLOYD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has the ama ever help you

I have read alot of feed back on the ama here on rcu. I like to know if the ama has ever help you in the past. did they go out of there way to help you. did they address your concerns. or did they just tie you up and wait for you to give up and go away.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Default RE: has the ama ever help you

Many of those in Muncie have been extremely helpful, while others......
Not gonna start it here.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:00 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

This spring our field had 20ft of water over it. The AMA stepped right up and was the first to help us get it cleaned. Within days of seeing the pictures of the water help was on the way. Can't thank them enough. Also would like to thank the local fire dept. for the use of their tanker and hose trucks to wash the runway off. Dennis
Old 09-18-2010, 04:26 PM
KidEpoxy

Ilona Maine is a people helping machine
... no, really... she is a cyborg sent from the future to help people.
It is the only logical way to explain the epic tier of helpfulness she brings to the table
.... she is as helpful as 10 helpful folks
Old 09-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

This spring our field had 20ft of water over it. The AMA stepped right up and was the first to help us get it cleaned. Within days of seeing the pictures of the water help was on the way. Can't thank them enough. Also would like to thank the local fire dept. for the use of their tanker and hose trucks to wash the runway off. Dennis
I am glad to read this and is a big plus for the AMA. I wonder why they help some and don't even lend a hand to help others?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When we were selecting a new field, Power Lines adjacent caused us some concern about interference. AMA had someone there 3 times with a spectrum analyzer, they found intermittent interference on channel 56, and members avoid that frequency.

I belong to two clubs, both used AMA assistance in setting up not-for-profit corporations, and of course guidelines for bylaws.

One of the guys got interested in Pattern competition. AMA helped him with setting up the club's first ever Pattern meet.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Jim Thomerson

One of my clubs has obtained AMA money for field improvements.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

I am glad to read this and is a big plus for the AMA. I wonder why they help some and don't even lend a hand to help others?
Let me try.
Because money and volunteers don't grow on trees?
Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: 804
Because money and volunteers don't grow on trees?
NO it doesn't. Both come from members.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

AMA gets many requests. Some need help and some really don't. Who do you think pays for that help?

AMA initiated a club-help program soon after Katrina hit the LA, MI, AL area. How long was it before YOU donated to the cause? The only thing that I know for sure is the FIRST check to hit AMA for that help did not come from YOU! Is there a clue here as just who might have sent the first check? [sm=greedy.gif]
Old 09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Thanks Hoss.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

AMA gets many requests. Some need help and some really don't. Who do you think pays for that help?
Very interesting. It seems that the AMA (we) have done many good things for a lot of clubs.

What group determines who gets help and who doesn't? So someone decides that one clubs problems are greater than anothers by what standard? Is it a democratic vote by a certain group, or just whoever gets in line first, or is a special committee put in place to make the decisions, or...?

If one club is losing a field and another club was under water, which do you think would need help the most?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

The AMA helped us out a few years ago when they started the TAG program. We heard about, applied, and recieved two new trainers and two copies of realflight. We have since put all that to good use training new flyers and doing community demonstrations.

Brad
Old 09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: bkdavy

The AMA helped us out a few years ago when they started the TAG program. We heard about, applied, and recieved two new trainers and two copies of realflight. We have since put all that to good use training new flyers and doing community demonstrations.

Brad
Very nice. Good work, bk
Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
tinner1

This is a great thread idea.......Lets NOT turn it into a "prove the evil of the AMA" thread, like most and probably this one will. I see indications by post #5...........
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: tinner1

This is a great thread idea.......Lets NOT turn it into a ''prove the evil of the AMA'' thread, like most and probably this one will. I see indications by post #5...........
He asked a simple "why help some and not others?". Seems he was asking a very valid question.
Why do people asking reasonable questions always get attacked as AMA bashers?
This has been a very informative and interesting thread. I hope it continues.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:07 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

This is a great thread idea.......Lets NOT turn it into a ''prove the evil of the AMA'' thread, like most and probably this one will. I see indications by post #5...........
He asked a simple ''why help some and not others?''. Seems he was asking a very valid question.
Nobody is attacking him as an AMA basher and it is a valid question, however he gives no facts in evidence. There are examples of help given but no examples of help not given. Do not attack those that ask for proof of the implied accusation that others are not helped. I ask what “others” have not been helped and why?

Regards
Frank
Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 AM
dbcisco
Banned

If he had "facts" he wouldn't be asking.
Why not supply some instead of claiming he is "attacking the AMA".
I too would like to know what the criteria is that the AMA uses to know who gets helped and how much.
What is so awful about that?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:37 AM
phlpsfrnk

If he had ''facts'' he wouldn't be asking.
Why not supply some instead of claiming he is ''attacking the AMA''.
I too would like to know what the criteria is that the AMA uses to know who gets helped and how much.
What is so awful about that?
Who has not been helped?

Frank
Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 AM
dbcisco
Banned

From Hoss:"AMA gets many requests. Some need help and some really don't. "

Let us rephrase the question:
By what process is it decided "who needs help and who "really don't"?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

He asked a simple ''why help some and not others?''. Seems he was asking a very valid question.
Nobody is attacking him as an AMA basher and it is a valid question, however he gives no facts in evidence. There are examples of help given but no examples of help not given. Do not attack those that ask for proof of the implied accusation that others are not helped. I ask what “others” have not been helped and why?

Regards
Frank
I have not lost the club I belong to, however there have been posts about losing fields and other issues and clubs have suffered greatly while the AMA has helped others to grow strong. I am believe this type of action can be verified with some additional research. If not the AMA is the first org in history not to show favoritism to certain groups. If you want it verified then you do the research. I am posting for discussion purposes only.

I was asking the questions based on the info I had available to me at the time. I have NOT visited any of the clubs that have been helped or have not been helped. Someone is making decisions as to what club and what issue is getting attention. This was the primary intent of my question of why the AMA is a respector of clubs?

There are five clubs within approximately one hour from where I live. Four of them are doing reasonably well. One of them has about 7 members left. All have died off except the 7 members left. The club with the 7 members does not mind being a small club, however they do realize that if they don't grow then as the rest die off there will be no club. It is slowly happening to them.

They do need some new blood to help them. Should the AMA help them promote thier club by sending them promotion materials, maybe asist them with a web presence, etc., for their growth and the sake of RC hobby? Now, I am not implying whether they have asked for help or not.

In one of the other threads a group was losing thier club and stated they approached the AMA and the AMA would do nothing to help them. I DO NOT know if this is true or not, but if it were true, that would be rather discouraging to think the AMA would help with clean up of a flooded field and not a group that was losing a field. When I balance this on the scales, a lost field is more important to the hobby. Just my view is all.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Luchnia

From Hoss:''AMA gets many requests. Some need help and some really don't. ''

Let us rephrase the question:
By what process is it decided ''who needs help and who ''really don't''?
It begs the question of what "standard" is in place that controls whether one gets help and the other does not. How does the committee decide? Does one just jump up and say, "Lets help the guys with the flooded field and not the guys losing their field."

We all know if there is no money and no people to help, there won't be any help. This really isn't the question we are discussing.

Here is a quote from an earlier post:
One of my clubs has obtained AMA money for field improvements.
Money for field improvements? Wow....I am glad they got money for field improvements, however this sparks even a deeper question of how many fields scattered accross the country need field improvements and how bad do they need to be to get funds for improvements?

Did they all ask for help from the AMA, probably not. Would they all get help from the AMA, probably not. The excuse may be something like this: "We cannot help everyone." Then my suggestion would be to set standards accross the board to make good judgment choices as to who gets help and let all AMA membership KNOW exactly what those standards are so there are no questions.

OK, I am done for now
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 AM
tinner1

I don't read dbciscos posts anymore because I have him blocked, but since he responded to me in only 11 minutes it shows he is watching my posts and has again proven my point. Instead of this thread supplying people with FACTS about what the AMA does positive for modelers and clubs, (after all the topic is "has the ama ever help you", is it not?) It IS NOT about the logistics of "who gets what and why", but that is what it has turned into. NO lets just question how they figure out who gets what, not that the AMA does good but rather "Why not for me"? So lets just try to put the AMA in a lesser light. Just think how terrible it would if the word got out that the AMA does ANYTHING good!!! THAT'S what I was referring to when I posted....

Lets NOT turn it into a "prove the evil of the AMA" thread, like most and probably this one will.

And Frank, you should know by now we as supporters are the only ones who have to provide proof. The other side only has to raise doubt without proof to be right in their minds....
Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
phlpsfrnk

I don't read dbciscos posts anymore because I have him blocked, but since he responded to me in only 11 minutes it shows he is watching my posts and has again proven my point. Instead of this thread supplying people with FACTS about what the AMA does positive for modelers and clubs, (after all the topic is ''has the ama ever help you'', is it not?) It IS NOT about the logistics of ''who gets what and why'', but that is what it has turned into. NO lets just question how they figure out who gets what, not that the AMA does good but rather ''Why not for me''? So lets just try to put the AMA in a lesser light. Just think how terrible it would if the word got out that the AMA does ANYTHING good!!! THAT'S what I was referring to when I posted....

Lets NOT turn it into a ''prove the evil of the AMA'' thread, like most and probably this one will.

And Frank, you should know by now we as supporters are the only ones who have to provide proof. The other side only has to raise doubt without proof to be right in their minds....
You’re right tinner, I should know better by now but I keep trying.

The original poster asked: “did they address your concerns. or did they just tie you up and wait for you to give up and go away.”

By my count so far there are approximately a half dozen positive responses by example and no negative responses that help was asked for but not given.

Same question again: Who has not been helped?

Regards
Frank
Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM
dbcisco
Banned

We don't know if anyone at all has been refused help. That is not the point of the question.
We are asking if their is a mechanism for handling requests to the AMA and if so what are the criteria for if, when, what kind and how much help will be given.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.