Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How Much Do They Make Per Year

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How Much Do They Make Per Year

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: How Much Do They Make Per Year

We are their public and their job is to serve us. We are not their "customers", we are their public.
They work for us.
Never lose sight of that.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the duty of any NPO's administration to do what is best to fulfill the purpose for which they received a 501(x)(x) status. That can vary widely but is spelled out in the documents submitted to the IRS to get that NPO status. They do not have any right what so ever to abridge that mandate (without legal changes), no matter what they might "want" the NPO to be. Coming up with catchy mission and vision statements do not change that initial documentation and obligation.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM
cj_rumley

We who are the AMA or we who are citizens of the USA?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

It is the duty of any NPO's administration to do what is best to fulfill the purpose for which they received a 501(x)(x) status. That can vary widely but is spelled out in the documents submitted to the IRS to get that NPO status. They do not have any right what so ever to abridge that mandate (without legal changes), no matter what they might "want" the NPO to be. Coming up with catchy mission and vision statements do not change that initial documentation and obligation.
You say that over and over agian as if you have uncovered some sort of breach of the AMA's NPO status. Time for you to put up or shut up. How have they breached their AoI?Specifically. You act so full of yourself and have your doppel gangers drooling at your every word. Lets hear it. Do they not promote education and science in the hobby?You constantly say they have but you never say specifically how.

As KEsays. For realsies this time.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

So Horrace if you had won the EVP election you would have foregone the excessive compensation?

Brad
If you are making a joke or a "tongue-in-cheek" request, well there is no excess compensation, so I would not get any of that which AIN'T.

If you wish to know if I would let AMA reimburse my expenses, well YES is the answer. However, if my EVP duties required excess expenses more than my allowance, then I would have had to pay those bills out-of-pocket. I make the debt, I pay the debt!

When I was a DVP, my expenses far exceeded my allowances. No big deal. I had some good programs within the district, one being a District Team RC Competition Fun Fly. Lots of Fun. Of course that folded within a year of my exit.

If you really believed that elected AMA officers get paid a salary, my sympathies go to you. It is very difficult for me to believe that any person that is part of this forum for more than six months could possibly be that distant between the ears concerning the AMA Officers and Staff set-up.

Mr. Brad, I do hope that you have been able to determine the information that you seek.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

I had some good programs within the district, one being a District Team RC Competition Fun Fly. Lots of Fun. Of course that folded within a year of my exit.
I would think a DT Comp Fun Fly would be loads of fun and get a lot of RC folks involved in RC. I know I enjoy Fun Flys, although I am sure there are a lot of guys that could care less for them. It always seems like a good time to get outsiders interested and good fellowship and always some good laughter when someone screws up in competition

Our club only has one Fun Fly event a year and it is always hilarious and tons of fun. I have been at them to at least do two or maybe more. We have around 68 members so, if nothing else, give it a shot and see what happens.

It is a shame that program folded after you left. You must have been the driving force and others probably felt it was not worth it.