Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is HeliX on to something.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Is HeliX on to something.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is HeliX on to something.

ORIGINAL: DR.B.S.

I must agree with you, you are in your own little world! 90% of the people I deal with are kit builders, in any event. We also stock a majority of kits, more so than ARF'S. THERE IS NO ARGUEMENT HERE, just you. I use the name DR. B.S. for people just like you, hint, hint.
Did you ever stop to think the world is right and you are wrong? Try it sometimes. Advertisement is key to selling any product. Can you imagine if no retailer advertised their product, WOW! Where are you thinking from?
In any even, have have a nice holiday from your planet from mine, Earth.
I've asked this before, never gotten an answer. Why don't I see hobby shop advertising?
Why no RC manufacturer ads?
For that matter, why no bicycle, gun, golf, or a hundred other pastime ads (other than on cable shows dedicated to that pastime)?
I asked Fliers 1 if he advertised his hobby shop on TV, (answer, no.), even tho he thinks advertising by AMA and presumably other shops/manufacturers would work.

I think there must be a reason why there is little to no advertising of these hobbies other than to enthusiast TV and print publications.
Preaching to the choir, so to speak.
Do you know the answer?
Old 12-04-2010, 01:47 PM
tinner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DR.B.S.
Advertisement is key to selling any product. Can you imagine if no retailer advertised their product, WOW! Where are you thinking from?
Not really, bold above is mine. I know I need toilet paper and where to buy it. No advertising needed, but I did know where to find it when I needed it. If someone wants to model and fly, they will find what they need. Right now I need some TP and WITHOUT it being advertised I knew where to get it AND how to use it on YOUR posts!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 804

ORIGINAL: DR.B.S.

I must agree with you, you are in your own little world! 90% of the people I deal with are kit builders, in any event. We also stock a majority of kits, more so than ARF'S. THERE IS NO ARGUEMENT HERE, just you. I use the name DR. B.S. for people just like you, hint, hint.
Did you ever stop to think the world is right and you are wrong? Try it sometimes. Advertisement is key to selling any product. Can you imagine if no retailer advertised their product, WOW! Where are you thinking from?
In any even, have have a nice holiday from your planet from mine, Earth.
I've asked this before, never gotten an answer. Why don't I see hobby shop advertising?
Why no RC manufacturer ads?
For that matter, why no bicycle, gun, golf, or a hundred other pastime ads (other than on cable shows dedicated to that pastime)?
I asked Fliers 1 if he advertised his hobby shop on TV, (answer, no.), even tho he thinks advertising by AMA and presumably other shops/manufacturers would work.

I think there must be a reason why there is little to no advertising of these hobbies other than to enthusiast TV and print publications.
Preaching to the choir, so to speak.
Do you know the answer?

No, I don't advertise on TV, but I have been on local cable several times talking about the hobby, and I got a pretty good response from that. I get pretty good business from word of mouth, telephone book ads, a small sign out front, and my DIY web site.
As I said, it's how you sell it. My very productive selling feature is Fly Before You Buy. You can simply try it out, whether you're going to buy or not. Unless I advertise that fact, everyone will simply assume that the only way to get into this hobby/sport is to join a club.

I found that there are quite a few people out there curious about the hobby/sport but until they found my ads, they had no idea where to go. All I know, it works for me. I didn't want to start a hobby shop, but the other hobby shops in the area didn't want to carry RC aircraft.

If you think that advertising is useless, as they say, to each his own, I just know what works for me. Please understand that this is an discussion and not an arguement.

Take care,
Fliers1