Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Banned Again 1st and now last.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Banned Again 1st and now last.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Banned Again 1st and now last.

What do you know about that. IIRC I was the first banned for 30 days from the AMA Forum. Now as of yesterday, I think I am the last. Woe is me! []

Later this evening I will sort some information and make a document of such. Anyone wanting such information will be able to get it directly from me.

Some accuse me as being an opponent of AMA. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I wholeheartedly support AMA, the organization and its purpose. OTOH, just like I wholeheartedly support this USA, I don't have to bow down and pucker my lips for certain people that wind up in top leadership positions.

More later. If you can, go fly and have fun.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banned Again 1st and now last.

OTOH, just like I wholeheartedly support this USA, I don't have to bow down and pucker my lips for certain people that wind up in top leadership positions.
well, you do if you want to post to the USA's own msg board [8D][8D]

are you expecting AMA's lawyers to type up and mail you a 'Cisco Special' ?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

OTOH, just like I wholeheartedly support this USA, I don't have to bow down and pucker my lips for certain people that wind up in top leadership positions.
well, you do if you want to post to the USA's own msg board [8D][8D]

are you expecting AMA's lawyers to type up and mail you a 'Cisco Special' ?
Cisco-ites? [X(]

Next thing you know, men in a bunch of black Chevy Suburbans will be pulling up to Hossfly's door. [8D]
Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 PM
The Toolman

Hoss, did the super sucker over there get ya?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Live Wire

Boy talk about jumpun out of the fryiun pn into the fur
Old 02-12-2011, 04:45 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't get it. It's obvious the AMA forum doesn't tolerate criticizing the AMA. So why go there and do it? I haven't ever even visited the AMA forum, partly because RCU gives me all the information I need and partly because of the negative comments I've seen here about it. If the forum is no good, then just don't go to it. Yet some go and start trouble not just once, but multiple times. They get disciplined based on the rules of the forum, then come here and complain! Hossfly, you got what you wanted. If a guy doesn't like the AMA forum or the way it operates, the best thing is to just leave it alone. A small group of goobers will likely populate it for a while, then the AMA will eventually either change it or take it down.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:58 PM
KidEpoxy

It's obvious the AMA forum doesn't tolerate criticizing the AMA (a). So why go there and do it? I haven't ever even visited the AMA forum, partly because RCU gives me all the information I need and partly because of the negative comments I've seen here about it. If the forum is no good, then just don't go to it.(b)
a. I can see stopping folks from saying ~"AMA is bad", but that is different from saying ~"AMA is doing XYZ wrong and we in the AMA need to fix that". Its hard to say how much better xerox is for AMA than carbon paper, without hurting carbon paper folks feelings and getting banned by carbon paper faction of AMA. Why label attempts to get Muncie to switch to xerox as AntiAMA and 'bashing' ama's use of carbonpaper

b. The problem is, the AMA forum is OUR forum... the folks running a bad forum is us members, via muncie, via the guys doing all the deleting and banning. Its not a matter of saying some untouchable 'they' needs to fix 'their' board, its that WE need to fix OUR board
Old 02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Jim Thomerson

I've been criticizing the AMA for many years, and several times on the AMA forum, about its lack of effort to publicize model aviation to the general public. I have always been ignored, but never banned. If I were a sensitive person, my feelings would be hurt.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:51 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

hey hoss

put me on the cc list for that info to which you refer.

[email protected]

sorry i missed whatever post got ya this time.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
jester_s1

If there is actually a need for "us" (AMA members) to have our own forum separate from all the others, then fix it via the election process. Write direct letters or at least direct emails to the people in charge asking for change with the reminder that you do vote in AMA elections. Public griping rarely effects change in policy. But if, on the other hand, "we" don't need our own forum separate from all the others, then let it die. The faster our reps in Muncie see that it's not filling a need the faster they stop putting money into it.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Hoss, that place is a complete waste of time and they're doing you a favor. Re-focus your talents and energies on something worthwhile and forget about those knuckleheads over there.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Tarasdad

I have my own opinion of what occurred, but in the interest of peace I'll keep it to myself.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Tarasdad

I have my own opinion of what occurred, but in the interest of peace I'll keep it to myself.
Why? In the interest of peace? Is that better for the long term or maybe this is the high road in this particular case?

Every single person can contribute something of value that can help change things. Your view is valuable and maybe someone would read it and think about making changes for the better. Don't hold back! [8D]

Given time YOU could even become an elite member of a special group.Yep, you COULD BECOME a Cisco-ite!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

It's obvious the AMA forum doesn't tolerate criticizing the AMA (a). So why go there and do it? I haven't ever even visited the AMA forum, partly because RCU gives me all the information I need and partly because of the negative comments I've seen here about it. If the forum is no good, then just don't go to it.(b)
a. I can see stopping folks from saying ~"AMA is bad", but that is different from saying ~"AMA is doing XYZ wrong and we in the AMA need to fix that". Its hard to say how much better xerox is for AMA than carbon paper, without hurting carbon paper folks feelings and getting banned by carbon paper faction of AMA. Why label attempts to get Muncie to switch to xerox as AntiAMA and 'bashing' ama's use of carbonpaper

b. The problem is, the AMA forum is OUR forum... the folks running a bad forum is us members, via muncie, via the guys doing all the deleting and banning. Its not a matter of saying some untouchable 'they' needs to fix 'their' board, its that WE need to fix OUR board
How canone pass judgement unless you have direct and accurate knowledge of what was posted and for what reason the ban was issued? If the forum rules were broken then perhaps a ban was in order. That occurs on every forum site including this one.

Maybe Hoss would like to repost ver batim here, then we could discuss the pros and cons of their descision based on facts. Otherwise it's justmore trolling for some Anti-AMA forum hubris.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 AM
vallawyer

I looked at the AMA Forum and just found people arguing about nothing and nothing about model airplanes.
I thought the AMA Forum should have been about model airplanes.
So I did not post there.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 AM
KidEpoxy

How can one pass judgement unless you have direct and accurate knowledge of what was posted and for what reason the ban was issued?
I guess you havent read the Lawnmower thread [8D]

Are you confusing me with some other KidEpoxy?
... some other KE that jumps to judgment, and not me with my history of NOT rushing to judgment?

How is it that if Hoss says he is accused of stealing and apple,
and I explain to someone how GrannySmith and Jonnathans are different,
you see that somehow as judging whether Hoss stole the apple or not?

I never said Hoss was innocent nor have I said he is guilty in this thread.
I havent judged if the charges are true, because we havent even heard what the charges are... so where are you getting that I have already judged him ?

My post answered some questions (quoted in and redtagged) the previous poster asked about the forum in general.
My answers also were about he forum in general, not a specific Hoss event.

for the love of mike,
I even used an OBVIOUSLY non-Hoss example of xerox vs carbonpaper at AMA
that should have very explicitly shown I was NOT talking about the particular Hoss event.
So unless you think Hoss runs Xerox, or he is some kind of carbonpaper based life form, then it pretty clearly was not talking about a particular Hoss event
Old 02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: K-Bob
//snip//

How can one pass judgement unless you have direct and accurate knowledge of what was posted and for what reason the ban was issued? If the forum rules were broken then perhaps a ban was in order. That occurs on every forum site including this one.

Maybe Hoss would like to repost ver batim here, then we could discuss the pros and cons of their descision based on facts. Otherwise it's just more trolling for some Anti-AMA forum hubris.
K-Bob, please read the second paragraph in my original post. If you want that information, you can get it by email or PM. I have not yet composed the entire document but it will be available within a couple days. If you wish snail mail I can send it to you if you first send me a double stamped legal or larger envelope.
email will be as an attachment in MS Word 3000 document. That is the way it is.
One point is that I don't really give a dad-burn whether if or what you judge is good or bad, or not at all. One thing you will find out, yet many will reject such, is that the powers-that-be are on the side of POWER. While I hate to say this, yet I have said so in various terms and formats, before, the AMA EC does not appear to be really interested in looking into the mirror to find a reflection of the AMA's major problems.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM
The Toolman

Get'em Hoss [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-13-2011, 01:29 PM
jester_s1

Hossfly- If you see a problem, then why not deal directly with the people who can do something about it? If that doesn't work, then campaigning for change come election time can possibly improve the situation. But publicly berating anyone in a position of authority is just counter productive, as are threads like this.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:33 PM
The Toolman

If and I mean If I remember right, the board has the final say on who gets to run. Maybe hoss will chime in on this, but I think I read that a few years back

edit spelling ....fill to will
Old 02-13-2011, 02:09 PM
willig10

Why dont you guys quit talking in "code" and just use your dang freedom of speech and say it like you got a pair. I am sick and tired of all the idiot;s out here who try to tell you and me what and how we can model our planes. I dont know what was said in tha AMA forum nor do I care.

I join the AMA out of neccesity because I have to be an AMA member to fly at a sanctioned field period. In my humble opinion it is pure B.S.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The AMA in my opinion has not been listening to it;s mebers for some time. (Kinda like the government).

The AMA obviously could do so much more in educating it's members on who to contact in the government pertaining to the new FAA proposed sanctioins etc. They have a monthly magazine and I have not seen any "urgent" messages. The magazine and e-mail would be a great avenue to inform the membership of such upcoming and on-going events and a "Call to arms" but do they? I think not.

So someone goes onto the AMA forum and says something that the AMA is not in agrrement with so they ban the guy? Censorship?

Typical.

My 2 cents

Glenn Williams
Old 02-13-2011, 02:42 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: willig10

I join the AMA out of neccesity because I have to be an AMA member to fly at a sanctioned field period.
Agreed here, However the AMA does go to bat for us about our hobby... that alone is worth my membership.

Aside of what I said, it is highly unlikely you'll change the AMA's thinking. My question to most of you 'Key Players' and 'High Volume Posters' of the AMA/RCU forum.... Don't you ever tire of moaning, groaning, bellyaching, crying and complaining of the AMA's workings and policies??

Deep down, you know the AMA won'tl bend for you.

... I've got my asbestos suit on... fire away at me! Ha ha ha
Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM
KidEpoxy

Deep down, you know the AMA won'tl bend for you.
Metal Blades
For years we have seen the folks post here that KE is the only person on the planet
that dont hate metal blades, and that KE should just give up on it and stop complaining (frequently slurred as whining)
Well, AMA 555.pdf tells me not to give up, I am making progress, that if those guys have been right all these year, it seems AMA does change just cause KE wants them to... or, maybe the folks that have been saying to stop complaining, maybe they are the ones outta touch

I've been told to stop complaining about Paintball. How'd that turn out?
I've been told to stop complaining about Conflic Of Interest. How'd that turn out?
I've been told to stop complaining about MetalBlades. How'd that turn out?
I've been told to stop complaining about PPPs problems. Heck, the guys telling me to shut up are now saying they see the problems we mentioned years ago and were told to stop complaining by them

Sweeping problems under the rug dont fix them
Old 02-13-2011, 03:12 PM
FILE IFR

Kid, Did you ever consider becoming a board member (AMA) or a liasion to the AMA???

Your tireless efforts of the issues of the AMA is best put into action at the AMA headquarters... not your peers here on RCU.

... just sayin'.[8D]
Old 02-13-2011, 03:19 PM
KidEpoxy

Oddly, a few Leader members on the web boards have suggested I run for an AMA seat,
but yet when I ask those same Leaders to endorse me to Leader so I CAN run,
well, they suddenly become part of the system preventing me from running for a seat they said I should run for: they wont endorse my LM app

You no Leadee, you no electee

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.