Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Does "purpose" determine the required regulations?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Does "purpose" determine the required regulations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Wow, they don't sell aircraft across state lines?So if I want to buy a Cessna I have to go to Kansas? They only sell them there?
Transporting the aircraft across state lines is interstate. Flying from one airport and back to same is not. The sale to the dealer from the factory (other than Kansas) is interstate.The dealer selling to you in the samestate is not. However as I said the courts keep moving these boundarys (generally to allow the government to control more and more), and I cannot be sure that this is 100% true today.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 AM
phlpsfrnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THen it's all good since every sponsored pilot and hobby company person I know are modelers. Well, now that we have that settled, let's talk about down wind turns.
There's no such thing.

Regards
Frank
Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 AM
KidEpoxy

THen it's all good since every sponsored pilot and hobby company person I know are modelers.
What an amazing coincidence-
Thats pretty much what the Sheriff and the Photographers said too,
when they, like you, tried to justify doing their non-hobby activities the same as you and your non-hobby activities..
But they, like you are what the FAA calls 'mistaken'.

Why do you think the FAA had to basicly repeat Policy07 using smaller words and talking slower?
Cause folks are still mistakenly claiming their non-hobby activities are hobby.

Its all about what is Sport & Rec, thats the term used by Policy11 for what is (3)Hobby.
Selling product is not sport & rec.
SalesDemoFlights cannot use FAA's sport & rec license, so we know how the FAA feels about the term "sport & rec" regarding demoflights
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Silent-AV8R

KE, I am sorry that you are unable to discern the difference between the sUAS operations of the LA County Sheriff and the hobby company sponsored pilot or demo pilot. I am confident that the FAA can, and they are the only ones who count. Until I see clear information from the FAA that I am incorrect I see no reason to continue chasing our tails as you go round and round to amuse yourself.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

What an amazing coincidence- Thats pretty much what the Sheriff and the Photographers said too, when they, like you, tried to justify doing their non-hobby activities the same as you and your non-hobby activities.. But they, like you are what the FAA calls 'mistaken'.
Their was a lawsuit about this, I think it may have been by the Fraternal Order of Police Chiefs, or something like that. Anybody hear of any progress on that?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Silent-AV8R

Here is the "model airplane" that the LA Sheriff got cross ways with the FAA over. It is also the kind of aircraft that the FAA is looking to regulate with their new sUAS rules.

http://lemonodor.com/archives/001405.html

Here are some others:

http://www.terradaily.com/news/uav-05zk.html

LA is not the only place the police have gotten sideways with the FAA:

http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire....tory-authority

I am pretty sure the FAA can see the difference between these operations and QuiQue Somenzini flying a noon time demo.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Sport_Pilot

I am pretty sure the FAA can see the difference between these operations and QuiQue Somenzini flying a noon time demo.
Yes butas I recall, the lawsuit was claiming that the FAA had no jurisdiction because the law enforcement planes was not commerce. Therefore if notinterfering withnavigable space it is not in FAA's juridiction.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Silent-AV8R

I was not really responding to you so much as KE. Your point is a good one, and many have tried to maintain that the FAA does not have jurisdiction

This was from one of the links I posted:

Needless to say, FAA disagrees. “We control the airspace, and we control who can fly what, where,” said FAA’s Les Dorr. “Our primary concern is the safety of the airways. If (the police department) starts using the unmanned vehicle then they run the risk of being told â€no, they can’t do it.’ ”
Old 06-07-2011, 02:32 PM
The Toolman

I was not really responding to you so much as KE. Your point is a good one, and many have tried to maintain that the FAA does not have jurisdiction

This was from one of the links I posted:

Needless to say, FAA disagrees. “We control the airspace, and we control who can fly what, where,” said FAA’s Les Dorr. “Our primary concern is the safety of the airways. If (the police department) starts using the unmanned vehicle then they run the risk of being told â€no, they can’t do it.’ ”

If I remember right, the sheriff has more power than anybody in his county. I believe he can tell the fbi, cia, etc to "buzz off" quoting one poster here. But I just don't how far straight up his powers go in his county.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORI
If I remember right, the sheriff has more power than anybody in his county. I believe he can tell the fbi, cia, etc to ''buzz off'' quoting one poster here. But I just don't how far straight up his powers go in his county.

I was not aware that the county sheriff was the single most powerful person in a given county with the power to supersede all federal, state, or local authority. Makes you wonder why they bother using licensed pilots in their helicopters and all that other silly stuff. Why not just tell the FAA to stuff it and buzz off?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
The Toolman

ORI
If I remember right, the sheriff has more power than anybody in his county. I believe he can tell the fbi, cia, etc to ''buzz off'' quoting one poster here. But I just don't how far straight up his powers go in his county.

I was not aware that the county sheriff was the single most powerful person in a given county with the power to supersede all federal, state, or local authority. Makes you wonder why they bother using licensed pilots in their helicopters and all that other silly stuff. Why not just tell the FAA to stuff it and buzz off?

Ya see the feds always use the highway funds an other things as blackmail over their head, so the sheriffs always cower down,Except Joe A.

By the way, I see how the greenies in kalifornia are using their wind turbine farms to kill on the average of 67 golden eagles every year. I bet they are really proud of themselves an their greenie stuff now. Scroll down a little from the top an watch one get killed while they are filming it. I hope them tree huggin greenie hippie B******s die a slow painful death an rot away where even the worms won't eat'em.

http://sadhillnews.com/2011/06/07/ca...ndly-windmills

Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

Ya see the feds always use the highway funds an other things as blackmail over their head, so the sheriffs always cower down,Except Joe A.
Totally off topic, but it's sad that you have bought into his public relations firm's hype. I have a very good friend who spent 25 years at the sheriff's office and he has a much different view of Joe. I kow, he made the inmates wear pink underwear and fed them bologna sandwiches. But little things are coming to light that show that not everything is as the PR firm wants you to believe.

Do a little Google of Dave Hendershott and Arpaio

I hope them tree huggin greenie hippie B******s die a slow painful death an rot away where even the worms won't eat'em.
You certainly are a bitter and unhappy man it seems.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
The Toolman

Totally off topic, but it's sad that you have bought into his public relations firm's hype. I have a very good friend who spent 25 years at the sheriff's office and he has a much different view of Joe. I kow, he made the inmates wear pink underwear and fed them bologna sandwiches. But little things are coming to light that show that not everything is as the PR firm wants you to believe.

Do a little Google of Dave Hendershott and Arpaio

I hope them tree huggin greenie hippie B******s die a slow painful death an rot away where even the worms won't eat'em.
You certainly are a bitter and unhappy man it seems.

Nope I just have no earthly use for the windmill/tree greenies. I spent a lot of years helping conservation here with our Great Bald Eagles we have around this lake. Then to see the golden eagles chewed up by windmills that the cry babies out there just had to have.

Bitter don't even begin to describe how I feel about most of the people out there.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Nope I just have no earthly use for the windmill/tree greenies. I spent a lot of years helping conservation here with our Great Bald Eagles we have around this lake. Then to see the golden eagles chewed up by windmills that the cry babies out there just had to have.

Bitter don't even begin to describe how I feel about most of the people out there.

Ronny,

Sounds like you really don't like self-righteous know-it-alls!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

I
was not really responding to you so much as KE. Your point is a good one, and many have tried to maintain that the FAA does not have jurisdiction
As I recall there have been cases where the courts decided that states can add additional restrictions in non navigable areas.  Such as no fly areas.  But I think that is a different matter.  I was just wondering what the result  or status of the lawsuit is.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:44 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, the thread is drifting off topic here. Let's concentrate on the subject of thread and not worry about Eagles and wind farms in California.

Ken
Old 06-08-2011, 11:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, the thread is drifting off topic here. Let's concentrate on the subject of thread and not worry about Eagles and wind farms in California.

Ken
The only relevance is the ongoing practice of not foreseeing the unintended consequences of ones actions,, Or knowing what will result and saying,, Tough Tootles, so sad,, sorry bout your luck.

Sometimes (I mean most of the time) our not so wise Reps never see past November [:@]