Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

So Horrace Cain seeks EVP AMA ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

So Horrace Cain seeks EVP AMA ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:03 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So Horrace Cain seeks EVP AMA ?

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Just saw this in the "Leader Member" forum on the AMA site

2011 Approved Candidates

It's unfortunate that H. Cain wasn't approved by the Politburo.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 AM
KidEpoxy

Just saw this in the "Leader Member" forum on the AMA site
wonder how long till the rest of the AMA forum users get that news,
moreso, what made that news to be deemed Leader Only info for the forum regular members cant even read
Old 07-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Just saw this in the ''Leader Member'' forum on the AMA site
wonder how long till the rest of the AMA forum users get that news,
moreso, what made that news to be deemed Leader Only info for the forum regular members cant even read

Well, let's see. The post in the LM section of the AMA forum was at right around 1 pm on 7/18.
RCG had a post at 1:09 pm that day
RCU had the info at 1:41

So no need to wonder. The answer is between 9 and 41 minutes.

You might quibble that those posts were not on the AMA Forum itself, but I think that posting on RCG and RCU reaches a wider audience anyhow, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Beyond that the nominees will be listed in Model aviation and everyone who cares will be well informed prior to the actual vote.

Oh, and BTW, that information was also posted in the AMA News section linked off the Home Page on the 18th as well. Not sure what, if any, lag time there was, but the information was out in a timely manner.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/2011_candidates.aspx
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Maybe??? you missed his point. Let's try again. When will the info be posted on the AMA's forum for the regular members?

Brad came here and was very clear that info was posted on the "secret leader member forum"... Was he just rubbing that in? or was his intent to disseminate AMA info to the members??? You be the judge.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Maybe??? you missed his point. Let's try again. When will the info be posted on the AMA's forum for the regular members?
Given that the information is posted in plain view on the AMA web site what is the issue about it being anywhere else??

Brad came here and was very clear that info was posted on the ''secret leader member forum''... Was he just rubbing that in? or was his intent to disseminate AMA info to the members??? You be the judge.
No, what Brad did was say "look what I just saw in the AMA LM forum". Clearly that was not the only place the infromation was posted. In fact it appears that Sandy Frank posted it on RCG before the LM forum post showed up.

This is just another example of how some (you, KE, etc.) will try to make an issue out of EVERYTHING.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Given that the information is posted in plain view on the AMA web site what is the issue about it being anywhere else??

Brad came here and was very clear that info was posted on the ''secret leader member forum''... Was he just rubbing that in? or was his intent to disseminate AMA info to the members??? You be the judge.
No, what Brad did was say ''look what I just saw in the AMA LM forum''. Clearly that was not the only place the infromation was posted. In fact it appears that Sandy Frank posted it on RCG before the LM forum post showed up.

This is just another example of how some (you, KE, etc.) will try to make an issue out of EVERYTHING.

Bill........ let them have their little fun and games.......... the readers of this forum can figure it out. The AMA did not post the nominee list, an individual member (LM) did who for whatever reason decided to post it in the Leader Member Forum. I posted it here, and Sandy did on RCG.

I see that none of the "gang" have taken the time to post it in the AMA Regular Form......... but then if you are banned that might be a problem.

Brad
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Silent-AV8R

Bill........ let them have their little fun and games..........
Sorry Brad, you are right, I forgot for a moment what the real point of this forum is. Thanks for reminding me!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 PM
cj_rumley

Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 AM
phlpsfrnk

No, what Brad did was say ''look what I just saw in the AMA LM forum''. Clearly that was not the only place the infromation was posted. In fact it appears that Sandy Frank posted it on RCG before the LM forum post showed up.

Bill........ let them have their little fun and games.......... the readers of this forum can figure it out. The AMA did not post the nominee list, an individual member (LM) did who for whatever reason decided to post it in the Leader Member Forum. I posted it here, and Sandy did on RCG.

I see that none of the ''gang'' have taken the time to post it in the AMA Regular Form......... but then if you are banned that might be a problem.

Brad
Was that aimed at me or am I being paranoid here?

Frank
Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 AM
phlpsfrnk

I’d be afraid to post that on the AMA forum if I could because given my past experience any valid discussions about “leader members†on the AMA forum are summarily deleted, but that might just be me.

Regards
Frank
Old 07-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

I’d be afraid to post that on the AMA forum if I could because given my past experience any valid discussions about “leader members†on the AMA forum are summarily deleted, but that might just be me.

Regards
Frank

I was not making any comment about the AMA forum. I was speaking to how the false "controversy" of whether or not the Nomination List was published on the LM forum and how long it took to be made public. It was just another example of how some people will try to use anything they can as a means to continue to point out the evils they see within the AMA, the AMA forum, and so on.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:21 AM
littlecrankshaf

I was not making any comment about the AMA forum.
Whatever... You can defend but it isn't hard to see that some responder's posts are designed purely to antagonize and intend only twist and smile about the "leader forum" or antagonize others that have been banned. Certainly not about disseminating info about AMA happenings...proof is apparent by pure virtue of bypassing the one place they deem the "best place" for AMA stuff.

A shame but I guess sly enough to get under the radar...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
bradpaul

I was not making any comment about the AMA forum.
Whatever... You can defend but it isn't hard to see that some responder's posts are designed purely to antagonize and intend only twist and smile about the ''leader forum'' or antagonize others that have been banned. Certainly not about disseminating info about AMA happenings...proof is apparent by pure virtue of bypassing the one place they deem the ''best place'' for AMA stuff.

A shame but I guess sly enough to get under the radar...
So why havent you posted it there ?????????????? Unlike a couple of your buddies, you are not banned on the AMA Forum.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Brad
Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM
littlecrankshaf

Just wondering where Hoss is? Haven't seen him post in a while... You out there Hoss? Everything OK?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:32 AM
phlpsfrnk

Just wondering where Hoss is? Haven't seen him post in a while... You out there Hoss? Everything OK?
I believe he said he was going on vacation from the 8th till ? (I don't recall). He was going to the AMA 75th celebrations among other things. I'm sure we'll know when he's back.

Regards
Frank
Old 07-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

He is probably holed up with KidEpoxy somewhere figuring a new strategy for his write in campaign for AMA EVP.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 PM
KidEpoxy

HC wrote earlier in this thread
I'm leaving in mid-July to attend the 75th Gala in Muncie, then to my summer place in the UP of Michigan for 3-4 weeks.

When I get back in mid/late August, and
Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 PM
littlecrankshaf

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 PM
jessepeng
Banned

Very happy to join this, and want to know more friends here
Thank you for sharing the post.

office 2010
Office 2007
microsoft office professional