Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Vacation Over. AMA 75th great!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Vacation Over. AMA 75th great!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vacation Over. AMA 75th great!

Hello All:

Vacation was Great. No computer or TV while up in the U.P. of MI. Lots of friends and wife's relatives with others now and then. Very busy with social and clean-up of cabin area, yet had two days of great Small-Mouth Bass fishing (and several not so great! []) but one each, on my own lake, and one on wading the Paint River. Just the river, the small-mouths one after the other, and me, all alone.

1. The AMA facility was impeccably prepared for the 75th Anniversary. It looked great over all. As an AMA member, IMO, you have every right to be proud of the showplace for our hobby-sport recreation.

2. My main interest was and is the Museum. It is a beautiful and very informational place. Each and every Museum Employee was very professional and helpful for anything one wished to know.

3. There were old friends, and there were some new friends, or at least I hope so. I had a great time watching and associating with those modelers enjoying the festivities and those AMA Employees that really do great jobs.

Back to work: [:'(]

There is a significant amount of information here in the AMA forum concerning the AMA elections. In reality there is really nothing much different in that operation.

MY OPINION: This year I announced my intent to run for Ex. VP rather early in the year. This allowed certain forces to muster adequate ammunition to keep me off the ballot. In one of the threads herein, there was a post stating that I was not on the ballot because I was not one of the "good ol' boys". In reality, I totally agree with such statement. [8D]

MY INTENT: While I have been provided some information basically stating that I may well receive some help from another well distributed journal should I wish to run as a Write-In I do not care to pursue such option.

Now there are some observations that I have made over both many years, and a few years. These ar simply my opinions for anyone else to consider as they wish.

Motion I: Moved by C. Bauer (VI) and seconded by J. Rice (VIII) to accept the recommendation of the Nominations Committee for the 2011 AMA Election Ballot. Names to appear on ballot are:

President – Jim Rice; Bob Brown and Rich Hanson
EVP – Gary Fitch; Bill Oberdieck and Jerry Neuberger
District III VP – Bob Brown, incumbent
District VII VP – Bill Oberdieck, incumbent and Tim Jesky
District XI VP – Bryan Batch and Mike Mosbrooker

Motion passed unanimously.

President – Jim Rice; Bob Brown and Rich Hanson:

Jim Rice; A hard working personality that will work long and hard for his desired agenda. OTOH, Jim has shown - to me - little patience with those that do not readily accept his personal position/s. As a retired Army Bird-Colonel, he is rather used to getting his way, or that is how I surmise things. When it looked like they would suspend the "Standing Rules" to allow more than 5 candidates on the ballot, I emailed some questions to J.R. He got a little tight around the collar! [&o]
After the announcements of the selectees, Rice had an opportunity to provide some info. about the selections. He never offered.

Bob Brown; Been around a long time. Yet I know very little about him.

Rich Hanson; Nice Guy. Way back before I retired from UAL, I remember racing for several years in Scale Warbird Racing in Phoenix. I urged Rich to run for the D-10 DVP which he finally did and the rest is history. Several years ago, Rich went from DVP to a paid employee, but now he wants back to being unpaid. In Muncie at the EC meeting, I ask him about this. I did not receive any real answer. Just think about this one.

EVP – Gary Fitch; Bill Oberdieck and Jerry Neuberger

If Fitch, or Oberdieck wins this one than another DVP appointed AVP buddy will fill in for either's DVP position.
I have never made any bones about my opinion of Oberdieck being less than qualified as even a DVP. Fitch seems agressive enough. It usually takes a couple years for anyone to really learn any of the positions.
I don't know Neuberger, however he has a significant "pedigree." While reading some of his posts on the AMA forum, I judge him to be very intolerant of anyone that does not stand at attention when the "upper class" speaks, or one that can make decisions on his own.

District VII VP – Bill Oberdieck, incumbent and Tim Jesky

No knowlwdge of Jesky, but worth hoping he wins the D-7 DVP and Oberdieck loses BOTH!

District XI VP – Bryan Batch and Mike Mosbrooker

No Clues here. However any friend of Bruce Nelson is probably not a friend of mine. Some years ago He and I were on an "Adhock Committee" along with another DVP. (I was NOT a DVP then) Nelson never submitted anything and never answered any thing I sent/requested from him. ARE his selected AVPs of the same mold? [:-]

More sometime later.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vacation Over. AMA 75th great!

You can see the responses to the polls on EVP position. Will they encourage you to run a write in campaign?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
cj_rumley

Sounds like you had a great sabbatical in the UP and Muncie. Clearly you didn't miss anything here. Glad to have you back.

Cletus
Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
warningshot

Welcome back Hoss.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

You can see the responses to the polls on EVP position. Will they encourage you to run a write in campaign?
Thanks, Red, I saw them early this AM. It would take a tremendous number of voter-members, like some 20,000 or more, to come here and state their intentions to support me. Well, Ol' Friend, you and I both well know that such jus' ain't gona' happen.
HA!
My supporter would have to have an understandable "reason" to support me, and know it in time to do so for an issue hitting the news-stands around Oct 10 of this year. Kind of late to go for that now, and I would hate to have been the reason that the good folks there could possibly get hurt by doing such.

Thanks much, Cletus, and Warningshot, for the kind words.