Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

When you renew do you go for the two year option?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
46.07%
NO
53.93%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

When you renew do you go for the two year option?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When you renew do you go for the two year option?

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

In my opinion anyone joining using the prorated structure IS A NEW MEMBER. IF THE PERSON HAD BEEN A MEMBER THE PREVIOUS YEAR, THEN HE LOST IT, GAVE IT UP AND WAS GONE AS OF JAN. 31 (LATEST). Thus April or July, a NEW MEMBER!

Therefore the new quarterly dues has to be for New Members since 1.) anyone using it is not a member unless 2.) he/she is already a paid-up member, but then any quarterly member sending in quarterly dues would simply be donating to the cause.

You may have a good point Hoss. I wonder if the 5 year waiting period before being considered a “new member” has been abolished.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Catch there, LC. However since the Bylaws state to the effect of off the membership rolls on Jan.31, my thought is that the Insurance Company's legal beagles will play on the Jan. 31 point much moreso than some office - supervisor's thoughts about how far back to keep a name accessable on a computer file folder. [:-]
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

ORIGINAL: warningshot

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

When you renew your AMA membership do you go for the two year option?
I did not renew this year.
Then you must have renewed last year for two years, otherwise how could you be treasurer of the Paris R/C Association?
http://www.parisrcassociation.com/
Well LCS I did not want you to be the only one with one. Us AMA haters must stick togather. So much for his Anti-AMA list.
Some more good investigative info on the persons here... I guess warningshot has his own dossier too...