Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Just received an email about video of upcoming rule info?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Just received an email about video of upcoming rule info?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just received an email about video of upcoming rule info?

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

The Class C airspace ,(airpace around very large airports), typically looks like an upside down wedding cake. And near the airport it goes to the ground. No one is allowed in the class C airspace without permission.
Don't forget Class B airspace, which is around the very largest airports. Class C is around the next largest.

http://www.dukesofwindsoar.com/dukes...pace_info.html

There is a proposed rule that would require modellers to also obtain permission when inside this otherwise sterile airspace.

However, the modellers would be granted blanket permission to fly anytime without contacting the FAA facility once the model field is determined to be deconflicted with local traffic patterns and approaches.
Can you cite a source for this? I've not seen this mentioned before.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:56 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

The Class B andC airspace ,(airpace around very large airports), typically looks like an upside down wedding cake. And near the airport it goes to the ground. No one is allowed in the class B and C airspace without permission.

There is a proposed rule that would require modellers to also obtain permission when inside this otherwise sterile airspace.Where is his proposal written? I'd like to read it, Because I belieave this would surperceed the proposed FAR's

However, the modellers would be granted blanket permission to fly anytime without contacting the FAA facility once the model field is determined to be deconflicted with local traffic patterns and approaches.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Oops, did I say class C, I meant class B.
Where did I get this info? Right here on RCU. An enormous document was copied and pasted to another thread here on an earlier discussion, (monthes ago). It mentioned that one proposed rule would require modellers obtain permission when operating in class B airpace.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM
KidEpoxy

Hound, re: Airspaces & Airports
Have you even read the 74page sUAS ARC?
And I do mean the 74page original, cause for some reason folks are wanting to place some recreational hoobby aeromodelers in the BigUgly part rather than the recreational part. If thats where some toy airplanes might end up, we should be versed in it to be able to discuss if some particular group of recreational aeromodelers should end up there or not.

Hound, you ask for info we all are assuming you have already have read.
Please copypaste in the text of sUAS ARC s3.3(4) & 3.3(5),
cause I'm starting to think you dont know what we are talking about for the past 3 years.
If you havent read the relevant documents, how can you speak as if haviving knowledge of the subject.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am going to change the subject back to (I think) the original intent of this thread. Has anyone heard when we will see the actual written proposal from the FAA? I know we can expect it to change some from its original form, but it would be nice to see what is coming.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Bird of Paradise
My Feedback: (4)

Projected release date for the NPRM is May 10, 2012 followed by a 90 day comment period to August 10, 2012. See: [link]http://(http://regs.dot.gov/rulemakings/201201/FAA.htm#8)[/link] From the table at the link you can see that there have already been a number of delays.