Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Working Groups for FAA Regs

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Working Groups for FAA Regs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMA Working Groups for FAA Regs

Would someone kindly direct me to some information about the AMA working groups setup to work with the FAA on the upcoming regulations? I am interested in knowing the structure and membership of the groups and how they are organized. I've looked through the AMA Website but can't seem to locate this information.

Thanks,

-Ed B.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Working Groups for FAA Regs

PM sent, but it is not "groups" it is a single group of volunteers from various interest areas within the hobby. As noted in the videos they have several conference calls each week, face to face meetings several times a year and I am sure numerous emails almost daily. They have been working for over a year now. More like almost 2 years. They work under the direction of Rich Hanson. I forget how many people are on it, but I know that most of the major areas of interest are represented. Soaring, pattern IMAC, scale, helis, turbines, pylon racing, etc. Contact Rich and I'll bet he can fill you in some more.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AMA Working Groups for FAA Regs

Thanks for clarifying that there is a single working group with members that represent each area of the hobby. I'll contact Rich for more information.

-Ed B.