Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

More good service from AMA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

More good service from AMA

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More good service from AMA

For several years I have been looking for plans for an obscure Berkley kit from 1949, with no luck. Recently someone on the forums told me the AMA plans service had it. I ordered it and another plan. I received same yesterday. Near as I can figure the plans were mailed the same day AMA received my snailmail request. AMA members get a 10% discount.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 PM
JW0311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More good service from AMA

Nice!! Would love to see some pics when it's done.

James
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

This is the second threadcommenting on the AMA's ability to successfully use themail. Perhaps we should also credit the Post Office as well since delivery wasso astonishingly quick that accolades were apparently warranted. Good Jobfolks !
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: United_Pilot

This is the second thread commenting on the AMA's ability to successfully use the mail. Perhaps we should also credit the Post Office as well since delivery was so astonishingly quick that accolades were apparently warranted. Good Job folks !
Great observation...USPS...another great non-profit org...err not-for-profit...err...whatever... that we owe so very much to...Yes, good job AMA and USPS!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Jim, it seems to me your paying twice for this so called service unless you are getting the plans free plus copy and shipping. The membership dues paid for the plans right? Just a thought. I am glad you found what you were looking for.

Crash99
Old 04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Jim Thomerson

I imagine my membership dues paid for the AMA getting the non AMA plans, and for the cataloging, and advertising of them. Incidentally, they will sell a second copy of a plan for half price. Oh, yes, almost forgot. My membership dues paid for my 10% discount for AMA members. If one would buy $580 worth of plans, the $58 discount would pay for your dues.

Rereading Crash99's post, The cost was pretty close to cost of copying and shipping (via Priority mail).
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
KidEpoxy

My membership dues paid for my 10% discount for AMA members. If one would buy $580 worth of plans, the $58 discount would pay for your dues.
Aha!
your master plan revealed [8D]

Just what restrictions are on that 1/2Priced 2nd set?
Is an online auction site calling you for 3/4Priced plan copies
You scalp just 10000 3/4Priced plan copies and you got a nice bit of profit [8D]
Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Jim Thomerson

I didn't get a second copy, and wish I had. I need to do some redesign of the nose to fit the engine I am going to install, and I don't want to mark up my one set. I guess I will fold the plan and copy the nose part on a regular machine I have some minimal access to.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:43 AM
KidEpoxy

I need to do some redesign of the nose to fit the engine I am going to install,
Jim Jim Jim
I keep tellin ya,
that volkswagen engine aint gonna fit on a 90 sized airframe
no matter how overpowered it makes the plane
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Jim Thomerson

The profile Puddle Jumper is 19 in wingspan airplane with plans showing a Cub 049 or a CO2 engine, both of which are radial mounted. I'm going to use an Arne Hende miniature Drone diesel, .033 cu in. It is beam mount and I'm going to use a mounting plate a friend made for me. I put a piece of tracing paper over the plan; copied the nose end and modified it. I think I can actually make it work. I'm not sure what I will end up with performance wise, but I should have the only one at the field.